Any Good? | Red Rock Case on SALE tomorrow | Amazon Gold Box

L

lightingbryan

Has anyone bought a Red Rock Case for the P3? It looks like Amazon is going to have a Gold Box special on it tomorrow morning. Are they any good? The reviews look good, but I rather here what others are saying.

Here is the Red Rock Case

This is the website reporting the deal: Nov 6, 2015

So is it worth picking up?

This is the website reporting the deal: Nov 6, 2015
The above website is yours. So, are you trying to spam us or are you actually interested in this case?

My website is LightingBryan.com as you can see in my profile. I have been looking for a case for a while now. Im hoping for a case that allows you to keep your props on. And holds sufficiant batteries. If the Amazon box is a good deal... Then I might jump on this. But It all depends on if the case has enough strength. I currently use a storage box and some foam LOL. Its SUPER ugly but its what I had laying around. But if the box is decent ... then maybe I will upgrade.

My website is LightingBryan.com as you can see in my profile.
Well, you obviously have multiple websites. I'm sorry for calling you out like this, but I don't like when people are dishonest. You shouldn't trick people into clicking affiliate links.

Does this answer you question? I had some old bed padding that I spay painted black. If anyone is looking for a super cheap option for a make shift case then this is one way to go.

No, that did not answer my question.

I'm wondering why you're spamming us with your affiliate link and pretending like you're interested in that case. It's pretty dishonest -- even more so since you're denying you own the Find Camera Deals website. Not only do the affiliate links match your first post above, they include your name too ("lighbrya"). The source code for both websites nearly match too. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Crickets for sure. I guess @lightingbryan is not going to confirm.

No, that did not answer my question.

I'm wondering why you're spamming us with your affiliate link and pretending like you're interested in that case. It's pretty dishonest -- even more so since you're denying you own the Find Camera Deals website. Not only do the affiliate links match your first post above, they include your name too ("lighbrya"). The source code for both websites nearly match too. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Source code...
I remember when I was an undergrad at Ga Tech taking the notorious Java programming class, at the end of each semester, about a dozen students will be called up on the big stage (it's an auditorium classroom), take a white envelope from their TA, bow their heads deeply and walk off.
We had a program called "The Urban Legend", that will screen all student's codings and make comparisons...like you did!

We had a program called "The Urban Legend", that will screen all student's codings and make comparisons...like you did!
A smart liar would know enough to change the code ;)

Looking at case... it looks pretty cheap in my opinion - even one review said it probably wouldn't withstand much of a beating.. I've said it before - you tend to get what you pay for when protecting your phantom. I have 2 raptor cases and those things have been through baggage claim a number of times and I have had no issues... I feel like this case would maybe get through baggage claim once...

I have 2 raptor cases
As in Microraptor Pro cases? I have three of them. Love them! I wish I would have discovered them before I bought my Go Professional case. Go Professional cases are made very well too, but the P3 case is taller than it needs to be and has some unusable storage compartments. The Microraptor Pro P3 case was more thought out.

As in Microraptor Pro cases? I have three of them. Love them! I wish I would have discovered them before I bought my Go Professional case. Go Professional cases are made very well too, but the P3 case is taller than it needs to be and has some unusable storage compartments. The Microraptor Pro P3 case was more thought out.

But not for a P2 Non-Vision?? :(

Yeah sorry - was typing fast.....that's what I was talking about

I would NEVER put my Phantom through baggage claim EVER... The way those guys handle luggage, NO WAY. It would be with me snuggled in an overhead bin, or under the seat in front of me... even if it were in a Pelican case.

Yeah... nice in theory - but two problems. #1. I often travel with 2 Phantom 3's #2. If you have ever been on a regional jet - you can't reasonably fit even a backpack case on those things.

My recent trip I was dealing with both those issues.

Here's what I do:

1. I take off the props (the Micro Raptor cases allow you to keep them on, but you have to be careful before shutting lid).
2. I zip-tie the gimble lock into place
3. I put some bubble wrap around the gimble.
4. All batteries come on board with me

I have checked at least one of my Phantom's several times and while I can tell the cases have been thrown around a bit - the Phantom has come out snug and good every time.

To be fair - I would prefer to carry them both on - but that isn't really feasible with the restriction to one in the overhead and one under the seat.

Yeah... nice in theory - but two problems. #1. I often travel with 2 Phantom 3's #2. If you have ever been on a regional jet - you can't reasonably fit even a backpack case on those things.

My recent trip I was dealing with both those issues.

Here's what I do:

1. I take off the props (the Micro Raptor cases allow you to keep them on, but you have to be careful before shutting lid).
2. I zip-tie the gimble lock into place
3. I put some bubble wrap around the gimble.
4. All batteries come on board with me

I have checked at least one of my Phantom's several times and while I can tell the cases have been thrown around a bit - the Phantom has come out snug and good every time.

To be fair - I would prefer to carry them both on - but that isn't really feasible with the restriction to one in the overhead and one under the seat.

I wasn't aware you had 2, so I guess that'd be a problem.. :) I have a backpack for my photo gear which is barely smaller than a Phantom backpack (but weighed about 4 times what a Phantom would..), and it fit well on 2 vacation trips this summer flying Southwest Airlines. But I can see where 2 is a problem. I've never flown any other airline but Southwest, so I can't say how others would be.

Sounds like you pack them well though, that's how I would do it. And I would take the props off anyway, even if the case permitted leaving them on, I'm just nervous like that...

To be fair - I would prefer to carry them both on...

Take someone with you... lol...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic