Any chance quickshots will come to P4P?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering is there any technical limitation to stop the new quickshot modes from the Mavic Air coming to the P4P in time just like how the pano mode came to us?

I understand that these will be apart of the sale pitch for the new series of drones this year so I'm not expecting them to come any time soon.

I'm pretty much sold on picking up a Mavic Air just for the quickshots and it's portability to go along with my P4P but are holding out for Mavic Pro 2 to see what it will offer.

Was just curious if there was technical limitations for them to not come to P4P.

You would be best asking on the DJI forum- you might hope DJI employees would have a better idea of technical limitations/proposed firmware additions.

With the exception of helix or whatever the radius/altitude increasing orbit is called the other three moves are very easy to fly manually.

My guess would be that these flight modes are designed to attract people who have no inclination or interest to develop flight skills, unlikely to be included in the more advanced AC in the same sense that gimmicky auto shooting modes don’t make it into higher specced and pro DSLR bodies.

Hi Pjotr look up the new quickshot modes for the new Mavic Air, like what With The Birds is talking about (helix, rocket, astroid modes etc)

Yeah that's a fair call With The Birds, would still love to see them in a P4P though lol

The Mavic Air has additional sensors and other hardware that your P4 does not. Mavic Air's APAS is what makes those "advanced" modes possible.

I'm in 100% agreement with @With The Birds when he stated:

"My guess would be that these flight modes are designed to attract people who have no inclination or interest to develop flight skills, unlikely to be included in the more advanced AC in the same sense that gimmicky auto shooting modes don’t make it into higher specced and pro DSLR bodies."

Keep in mind these "mindless flight modes" are a selling point to new sUAS operators and very enticing to existing sUAS operators to 'upgrade' to the newer models.

We can fly these modes (most of them) manually and get the shots we need as well as being able to fly the aircraft in some very peculiar situations should the need arise.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4