Antennas

16F376D0-2114-4429-9118-2B4DA8D34517.jpeg
I’m going to try this setup tomorrow. I can position the antenna to any angle on this tripod plus lower the whole thing to sit or raise it to stand. I’ll take both aircraft, four batteries and see how much fun can be had. Weather supposed to cooperate tomorrow too. It’s nice having that solid video signal back to my display device. Makes all the difference.

You need a bigger display then you will be all set...LOL! Nice setup. Check your messages.

I have a big iPad Air but it’s just not as smooth running or as bright as the iPhone 8plus. What I’m waiting for is CrystalSky that’s also ready for prime time. Sadly this is still not the case.

Reactions: WWK888
Is the GL658A people are talking about compatible with the P4Pro as well? The P4Pro has 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

I Just order the GL658A I should get this by the end of the week. I am hoping I'll get 6000 ft.+
with my p4 controller I am getting a average of 2500 ft.

I Just order the GL658A I should get this by the end of the week. I am hoping I'll get 6000 ft.+
with my p4 controller I am getting a average of 2500 ft.
$220 is a fair price. I paid $500 for mine 2 years ago. You should easily get 12,000' (likely 15k') with a windsurfer on the antennas.

Last edited:
John I went out today try two flights didn't get any more distance with channel 20
Looks like I am going to go for the GL658A I am looking on e-bay is $220. a good
price? or should I keep looking?
Did you set the transmission quality to 4mbps? Did you use a windsurfer? Did you have a clear LOS connection?

Is the GL658A people are talking about compatible with the P4Pro as well? The P4Pro has 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.
No. It won't work.

You only needed a Windsurfer if you have a P4P. Put the GL300F RC on 5.8Ghz AUTO and you can get 4+ miles with clear LOS connection and Windsurfer installed.

Last edited:
No. It won't work.

You only needed a Windsurfer if you have a P4P. Put the GL300F RC on 5.8Ghz AUTO and you can get 4+ miles with clear LOS connection and Windsurfer installed.
Thanks, John Locke. I did fly it out a bit and got the same range I had with my P3P and the DBS-02 antennas on my GL300B.

P.S. I still have an unmolested GL300A I don't need now that my P3P is lost (long story),are those still sought after?

P.S. I still have an unmolested GL300A I don't need now that my P3P is lost (long story),are those still sought after?
Theoretical that controller will have better range when linked to a P4 than the stock GL300C. You'd have to test it to make sure it works better, but the power is about 20% greater than the stock P4 controller.

One more question. Does the 32 channel hack work for the P4P as well? I have only flown mine a few times since I got it and have not tinkered with it yet. I still kind of miss my P3P that I had painted black with aqua metallic clear coat and had modified with an extra remote channel and power port for accessories. Oh well, lesson learned, NEVER fly with a battery that sat for 10 days.

Theoretical that controller will have better range when linked to a P4 than the stock GL300C. You'd have to test it to make sure it works better, but the power is about 20% greater than the stock P4 controller.
So the GL300A will bind with the P4P? I had not tried yet since I have only flown this one a few times so far. I have the GL300F since it has 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

OK, that is what I thought. The P4P seems to be a lot different than the P4 in more than the obvious features. I love it so far and feel lucky I was able to get mine very slightly used for $1,000 with a set of ND filters.

So here is a question, Can you have two different controllers linked to your bird?

So here is a question, Can you have two different controllers linked to your bird?

I purchased an extra controller with the OEM antenna for local flying fun. I paired it up and I still can go back to my modified LD controller okay. Maybe some model birds can't pair to multiple controllers you're saying? hmmm, I'm sure this could be true.

I'm sure a professional will ding in on this, but doesn't the drone (itself) transmit to the controller when pairing? So the master is the drone and what initiates the pairing (I think?).

I purchased an extra controller with the OEM antenna for local flying fun. I paired it up and I still can go back to my modified LD controller okay. Maybe some model birds can't pair to multiple controllers you're saying? hmmm, I'm sure this could be true.

I believe he may be asking if you can have two controllers paired at the same time to one AC. If that is his question, the answer is no, not on the P4 or P4P.

I believe he may be asking if you can have two controllers paired at the same time to one AC. If that is his question, the answer is no, not on the P4 or P4P.

Ahhh, gotcha!

Controller wars! lol Now that would be interesting (not!).

To add on my pairing; I simply hit the Sync button (within the Go4 UI app), it's in the Controller menu. Then I pushed in with a pin the recessed button on the P4P and then some blinking took place and then bam, new remote was all paired up. All's I remember is that it was super easy this way, but noting there was a more manual way to pair (without the Go4 app) which I do not remember, sorry, I'm sure if you google it up...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj