Antennas

I finally had a change to fly yesterday.I did not get any farther with my modified windsurf
It was very cloudy out so maybe not a good test.I will try again next time we get some
good weather

I finally had a change to fly yesterday.I did not get any farther with my modified windsurf
It was very cloudy out so maybe not a good test.I will try again next time we get some
good weather
Ed, are you selecting a custom channel with least interference, like channel 20? Do you know how to determine least interference channel? Usually #20 is the best in my area. Have you tried installing the 32ch hack? If so, fly on ch 31 or 32. Finally, after selecting the custom channel, the "Transmission Quality" option will appear. You should set that to 4mbps. With a windsurfer it should be better, but I ended up using a GL658A Inspire controller, which put out 50% more signal than the GL300C that comes with the P4 craft.

WWK888, went with your suggestion sir and visited Titan Drones. Very happy I did that, thank you. Well I just finished installing the Conqueror system on my P4 Advanced and I have a second install kit for my P4 Standard. Get to that install in a few. Pretty easy install, quality material and James at Titan Drones answered all my questions. You no longer get a magnet mount, it’s their new T adapter so no worries there. Connected aircraft and took it for a quick spin, blowing to hard today for any real tests but all looks good. Super happy with my purchase and I believe it will get the job done that I’m expecting.

Awesome! I am very pleased with both my antennas from Titan. I have the Conquer and the Atlas. As you said,James is great when it comes to customer service. Glad you are happy.

Reactions: Archangel3356
I am very pleased with both my antennas from Titan.
That boosted antenna for P4, which flies on 2.4Ghz exclusively, looks like a great way to get decent range out of that craft. Let us know how far you can go.

I looked them up on street view. 8100 Chancellor Dr., STE 150, Orlando, FL 32809

They must be new at this location, the sign at suite 150 doesn't match.

upload_2018-2-16_14-23-31.png

John
Thank you I set the custom channel to 20,put the transmission quality to 4 mbps
It does not look like I will be able to fly until Tuesday or Wednesday because of weather.
I will let you know if this helps at all. I am a little afraid of buying the GL658A
because I did get a Itelite for my Q-500 and I did not get any more distance at all.
The only good thing was Frank at Carolina drones did refund my money. He guaranteed
it would work and it didn't. So maybe its were I fly ??

That boosted antenna for P4, which flies on 2.4Ghz exclusively, looks like a great way to get decent range out of that craft. Let us know how far you can go.

I looked them up on street view. 8100 Chancellor Dr., STE 150, Orlando, FL 32809

They must be new at this location, the sign at suite 150 doesn't match.

View attachment 95155

John I have gone close to 4 miles with full bars with the Conquer.

John
Thank you I set the custom channel to 20,put the transmission quality to 4 mbps
It does not look like I will be able to fly until Tuesday or Wednesday because of weather.
I will let you know if this helps at all. I am a little afraid of buying the GL658A
because I did get a Itelite for my Q-500 and I did not get any more distance at all.
The only good thing was Frank at Carolina drones did refund my money. He guaranteed
it would work and it didn't. So maybe its were I fly ??
Funny, I had a Q500 as my first drone too. I bought the FPVLR "Frankenstein" antenna to get more distance. It worked a little better, but since it used WiFi for communications, which has it's limitations. It was certainly too big and bulky, which I regretted. I'm surprised the Itelite didn't work any better for you. You might try a Titan, that looks like a nice setup, but more expensive, and rather large. The Itelite will fit in my backpack, but I don't use it because my GL658A works good with the Windsurfer to fly my P4. I have an Itelite sitting in my drawer, installed on the GL300C, but don't use it because an experiment I did failed, trying to install a 2W amplifier inside the RC. I gave up on that idea. I tried to do what DroneWorld claims they are doing, with internal amps, inside the DJI controller. I think that's impossible after all the research, trial and failure. I'd really like to see the inside of a Falcon RC from Drone World to see if they really do install amps inside, like they claim.

Last edited:
They have a smaller version of the Conquer but the Atlas was recommended to me by James as he has some things coming out shortly that will work well with it. The Atlas has omni directional boosted.

Last edited:
7AD0EE0F-9515-425B-9163-EB7A2946FEE3.jpeg
Getting ready to see how the Conqueror performs on the P4 standard and P4 Advanced today. Waiting for it to warm up a bit as below 60 is freezing for me in Arizona. Excited to see what the results will actually be.

View attachment 95176 Getting ready to see how the Conqueror performs on the P4 standard and P4 Advanced today. Waiting for it to warm up a bit as below 60 is freezing for me in Arizona. Excited to see what the results will actually be.
Wow, that's a big antenna. You should get some good range with that beast. You only need an iPad that big and you'll be set!

Nice Harley.

Thanks John on the scooter, 06 anniversary FXDI35, and yes the Conqueror is huge ! Ya know...BIG. Sitting here right now waiting for a little more favorable conditions to launch out over the desert here at the house and see how well the system works on both aircraft. The wind is working against me for a real test at the moment, always seems to happen when you want to try something new. I’ll be sure to post my results as soon as I can test it out.

You will outfly your batteries. The Conquer is big and a little heavy but if you set up and fly from a table or platform it is no problem. Anxious to hear your results.

WWK888, question sir. Because of the shape of the Conqueror do you find you have any issue if it’s directly overhead about 300 feet altitude? Wouldn’t mind knowing before trying. Thank you.

It is directional so it may lose signal momentarily but I find it is pretty forgiving. Not a real problem if you lose signal overhead, just angle it up a bit and will reconnect very quickly.

Thank you sir. Go sit outside now and see if I get a window of opportunity. Sure hope so.

John I went out today try two flights didn't get any more distance with channel 20
Looks like I am going to go for the GL658A I am looking on e-bay is $220. a good
price? or should I keep looking?

John I went out today try two flights didn't get any more distance with channel 20
Looks like I am going to go for the GL658A I am looking on e-bay is $220. a good
price? or should I keep looking?

Have you considered an antenna booster like the Conquer or the Atlas from Titan?

Last edited:
Well that was pretty incredible. I had a tailwind outbound so I didn’t want to push it but had to try the new Conqueror out. Went out a mile and a quarter and had full bars for both video and RC, past where I normally would have glitching video and two bars of signal or less. No doubt I’m extremely pleased with the performance of the antenna system and can’t wait to experiment further.

Reactions: Jerryatric
I have flown over water 3 miles easy with full bars and wanted to go further but like you my outbound flight was with the with the wind. Like I said you will only be limited by your batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures