Antenna wire connector

Reaction score
Here's the short story- I lost the antenna connector that goes onto the main gimbal board on my P3, as you can see in the attached picture. It appears to have been glued on. Does anyone know where I can get just the connector? The only advice so far has been to get new wires, but it looks like they don't even come with the little connections on the gimbal end. Thanks

Attachments

• 20180821_224423.jpg
    20180821_224423.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 344
Here's the short story- I lost the antenna connector that goes onto the main gimbal board on my P3, as you can see in the attached picture. It appears to have been glued on. Does anyone know where I can get just the connector? The only advice so far has been to get new wires, but it looks like they don't even come with the little connections on the gimbal end. Thanks
Do you realize that the connector is soldered (not glued) to the board? DJI is known for poor solder connections and having components / connectors / buttons falling off of PC boards.
That wire snaps on pretty tightly, so have you checked the end of the wire itself to see if it is still attached to the wire? If it's there on the wire, you can try to remove it and resolder it to the board.

Reactions: RodPad
@Oso, @nathankoeppe,

Well guys you brought up an interesting thought, I'm sure somebody has tried it.

When you have a car with a rear window defroster and the window opens the wires that feed it some times pull loose from the glass.

You can by a kit at the auto parts to reattach the connector that is a glue. I didn't have much luck my self. But the local windshield guy what he uses works pretty good.

I would have to assume this is actually is a bad idea, meaning differences in metal properties, etc.
In some way it would probably destroy the circuit board?

Rod

@Oso, @nathankoeppe,

Well guys you brought up an interesting thought, I'm sure somebody has tried it.

When you have a car with a rear window defroster and the window opens the wires that feed it some times pull loose from the glass.

You can by a kit at the auto parts to reattach the connector that is a glue. I didn't have much luck my self. But the local windshield guy what he uses works pretty good.

I would have to assume this is actually is a bad idea, meaning differences in metal properties, etc.
In some way it would probably destroy the circuit board?

Rod
I would assume that the glue for that purpose is simply attaching an intact circuit to the window and not trying to use the glue as an electrical connection unless it is some sort of special conductive glue.

I know I tried to solder it, and that didn't work.
I get your thought, he may be putting something on the glass and the terminal to make the continuity then uses the glue to hold it in place. I recall he said leave it unconnected for 48 hours before reattaching the wire to the terminal.

I will have to ask. ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl