Antenna Boost / Range Extender for P3A

Poh

Reaction score
Hello!
I´m looking for a range extend for my Phantom 3 Advanced.
Here what I found:

- http://www.argtek.com/en/2-1718-136...Extender-Manufacturer-in-Taiwan-id496184.html

- DJI - EvoLite Kit Plus

- https://www.amazon.com/ITELITE-ITE-DBS02-2-Advanced-Professional-Extender/dp/B01A643JAM

If I buy one of these, of course, that I will fly until I lose the line of sight. In that case, I will have trouble to direct the controller signal to something that I can´t see. So, if I buy one of these, do I have to keep flying only straight to avoid signal loss?

Any other tips?

Thanks.

Hello!
I´m looking for a range extend for my Phantom 3 Advanced.
Here what I found:

- http://www.argtek.com/en/2-1718-136...Extender-Manufacturer-in-Taiwan-id496184.html

- DJI - EvoLite Kit Plus

- Amazon.com: ITELITE ITE-DBS02.2 - DJI Phantom 3 Advanced & Professional, Inspire 1, Matrice 100 & Phantom 4 - Drone Range Extender: Computers & Accessories

If I buy one of these, of course, that I will fly until I lose the line of sight. In that case, I will have trouble to direct the controller signal to something that I can´t see. So, if I buy one of these, do I have to keep flying only straight to avoid signal loss?

Any other tips?

Thanks.

Before you buy that kit, try an inexpensive windsurfer first. You should use your radar in the bottom left corner of the GO app (iOS) to maintain correct orientation of the AC.

Reactions: 99203 jack
I have tested various windsurfers and found the polished aluminum laser tested version to be the best by a very long way.
Pay for the real thing, the plastic and foil versions suck

I have tested various windsurfers and found the polished aluminum laser tested version to be the best by a very long way.
Pay for the real thing, the plastic and foil versions suck
Interesting. Do you have a link?
I have a £2 plastic folding WS with aluminium foil and it's great. Would be interesting to test it along side a more expensive unit though.

Not to question your enquiry, but why do you need/want to go further with your P3A? I also own a P3A, and have found it can easily go 2+ miles in favorable conditions. I'm just confused as to why you would need to go further than that.

Not to question your enquiry, but why do you need/want to go further with your P3A? I also own a P3A, and have found it can easily go 2+ miles in favorable conditions. I'm just confused as to why you would need to go further than that.
I can´t go far inside my city... about less than a half mile.

I can´t go far inside my city... about less than a half mile.
That's pretty typical when flying in high-congestion areas. As others have said, a cheap pair of windsurfers might help a little bit. Otherwise, travel a bit outside the city in order to achieve further range.

Reactions: Numone
Reactions: Numone
I recently brought a p3a and live in a small town with buildings and have found that I get a sign saying week remote controller signal... this is after 100 meters or less. Why is this. Is this because of building structure or cos I haven't turned off mobile phone or tablet service. Any thoughts please

I recently brought a p3a and live in a small town with buildings and have found that I get a sign saying week remote controller signal... this is after 100 meters or less. Why is this. Is this because of building structure or cos I haven't turned off mobile phone or tablet service. Any thoughts please
Take the AC to a non congested area to check it's not the kit.

Just get a windsurfer, their cheap and work great. And don’t get fooled by negative criticism, just try it, you’ll like it for distance and penetration(that’s what she said).

And for the guy that only gets 100 yards with the P3A.
- Return it!
- Or open it up and look for broken antenna wires.

P.S. My P3A max distance so far is 1.5 Miles (Only limited by the size of my balls)

Yep, a Windsurfer gives the best return for the investment. I've tried a distance test once and got just over 3 miles when RTH kicked in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl