Another one of those threads - sigh, crashed and not working

Reaction score
Hey all,
I got my Phantom 3 standard the other day. However, its been a rough couple days. After some great flights, yesterday I decided to run the battery down to help it since its still new. Well it hit the 'return home' level, and decided to fly straight into my barn between my field and my driveway where i started. Not its fault, but still really frustrating seeing it flying right for it, and not knowing how to cancel within the 10 second window :(
Didnt break anything though, couple of scuffs but it was in the air again later that day without issue.

Today though, I decided to see what the follow me mode would do. Didnt seem to do much even @10m but then it started to drift. right into a tree branch and crash down.
Now this time, I broke 2 rotors, and the landing gear. And now when i turn it on, the app says 'please connect to the aircraft.
The gimbal works, I can turn it, and it does it little dance on startup, and I can fly it with manual controls, but I cant see anything, and the app says disconnected on my iphone and ipad.

What did I do??

It sounds like a ribbon cable may have gotten unplugged, or broken.

I would pop it open and do a thorough check over of all the wires, ribbon cables and plugs. It does not take much to pop the top of the shell off (Just remember to reconnect the GPS when you put it back on! There are a few videos online how to take the top of the shell off.

If this does not do it you may have damaged a main board

Well I took apart the Gimbal this morning, still saw nothing that looked damaged, but in trying to get the ribbon cable out, I didnt realize it had the latch at the back, so after pulling on it, I popped the latch, reassembled but now the gimbal hangs limp :( Really pissed at myself for all this. I guess its kinda like race cars, gotta expect to pay to play.

Well I took apart the Gimbal this morning, still saw nothing that looked damaged, but in trying to get the ribbon cable out, I didnt realize it had the latch at the back, so after pulling on it, I popped the latch, reassembled but now the gimbal hangs limp :( Really pissed at myself for all this. I guess its kinda like race cars, gotta expect to pay to play.
Do more reading and watch youtube videos before working on your copter again... many MANY useful videos if you search for them

same-ish problem for me. manual control, app tells me to connect the aircraft and theres a red light on the controller even though I have manual control. Cactus Jack, would you suggest the same? disassemble...

same-ish problem for me. manual control, app tells me to connect the aircraft and theres a red light on the controller even though I have manual control. Cactus Jack, would you suggest the same? disassemble...
one thing to add. On my app is says "no signal" not disconnected

I wouldn't be opening the shell. I would YouTube and check all connections on gamble/camera. If your not comfortable it may prove less frustrating and likely cheaper to get someone else to look at it.

I sent the gimbal off the Bock, hes going to get that up and running, and then I can remate it - hopefully its just that bit.

Read the manual. Read the manual. Then read it again. So many of these type of crashes are because people don't understand how their P3 works. Not understanding these things can get expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: yankee65
honestly I think it has less to do with reading the manual than it does with just flying experience. anything in the air goes wrong a lot faster than the ground, and if you dont have experience to understand how to compensate, youll break s**t fast. Just like any kind of racing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers