Another No Video Feed to Phone

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 Pro has very few hours of use but is several years old. Last time I flew it there was no video feed to my phone (Droid Maxx 2). No errors, everything else working fine. Took pics and video. Never crashed, stored carefully indoors. Things I've tried from reading posts:

1. Relink
2. Reformat Card from app and no card
3. Three Different phones
4. Update all firmware (1.10 on the craft 1.8 on the rc)
5. Update DJI go app
6. Different cable from RC to Phone
7. Set Phone USB connection to transfer files
8. Set Phone to Airplane mode
9. Set Phone to Debug mode
10. Downgrade RC firmware to 1.6
11. RC Reset
12. Litchi App

I tried the wifi check I read here but did not see anything other then my normal networks broadcasting. Is the procedure different for the P3s? Posts I was reading were pertaining to the P2s.

Thanks for any help.

My Phantom 3 Pro has very few hours of use but is several years old. Last time I flew it there was no video feed to my phone (Droid Maxx 2). No errors, everything else working fine. Took pics and video. Never crashed, stored carefully indoors. Things I've tried from reading posts:

1. Relink
5. Update DJI go app
11. RC Reset
12. Litchi App

I tried the wifi check I read here but did not see anything other then my normal networks broadcasting. Is the procedure different for the P3s? Posts I was reading were pertaining to the P2s.

Thanks for any help.
Take a look at your LOG_AB file. See if it shows "device not detected" for modules 8 and 15 which could indicate that your gimbal top (main) board is bad. That is one of the more common causes of the symptoms you noted and you may have seen it mentioned during your research. People with this issue almost always report that everything else works perfectly, can fly, telemetry is fine, can record video and stills, etc. Just no FPV video on their mobile device - No Image Transmission. We have seen it here many times I'm sorry to say, so its one more thing you can check aside from the many things you've already checked.

** Note that the LOG_AB file is a completely different txt file than the "RESULT" file you check for the "success" indication when you update FW.

In case you or anyone doesn't know about the LOG_AB file, look on your SD card in the path below. The LOG_AB file shows the FW version of the assorted modules / components of your Phantom and if they did or did not need a change during a FW update.

P3A and P3P have a couple of different components, so you may see "device not detected" for that reason -or- if a component is bad.
The most common problem is an issue with the gimbal top (main) board which often presents as "No Image Transmission" and modules 8 and 15 showing as "device not detected."

To find your LOG_AB file, look on your SD card in the following path....

MISC/LOG/
Then find your LOG_AB file: P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt (for P3P) -or- P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt (for P3A)

** Some of the folders may be hidden. If you do not see them, set folders and files to show hidden.

If you don't know how to view hidden folders/files, here are two of the hundreds of sites which show you how to set them to be visible.
Use these or research on your own:
Windows
Mac

NOTE: The LOG_AB file is written by your AC and will remain on your SD card until you format the card. If you are showing hidden files and still do not see a file named exactly as above, you have likely deleted the LOG_AB file with an SD card formatting. You will need to get your AC to write the file again. What we routinely tell people is to put a very old FW .bin file alone in the root of the SD card. It should be older than your current AC FW so that it is sure to fail when you start up your AC. Your AC will write the LOG_AB file again and you should be able to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilverStone641
Thanks for the reply.

Hard to believe that would be the case since it was working fine, I shut it down, set it on the shelf, then no feed the next time I turn it on. But I see a bunch of "device not detected" peppered thru the log:

[00864131][15 00][00] device not detected.
[00864207][17 00][00] v1.1.1.7 -> v1.1.1.7
[00864338][17 01][00] v1.0.2.7 -> v1.0.2.7
[00864392][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00864426][01 00][05] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00864461][01 01][05] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00877002][08 00][00] device not detected.
[00877053][09 00][05] v3.0.0.10 -> v3.0.0.10
[00877089]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.

Bummer... Is it hard/expensive to fix?

Thanks for the reply.

Hard to believe that would be the case since it was working fine, I shut it down, set it on the shelf, then no feed the next time I turn it on. But I see a bunch of "device not detected" peppered thru the log:

[00864131][15 00][00] device not detected.
[00864207][17 00][00] v1.1.1.7 -> v1.1.1.7
[00864338][17 01][00] v1.0.2.7 -> v1.0.2.7
[00864392][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00864426][01 00][05] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00864461][01 01][05] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00877002][08 00][00] device not detected.
[00877053][09 00][05] v3.0.0.10 -> v3.0.0.10
[00877089]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.

Bummer... Is it hard/expensive to fix?
As you saw, your LOG_AB files shows device not detected for the two modules 8 and 15. Like I said, this has been often noted here on the forum as a common indication that your gimbal top (main) board is bad (video chip bad or FW corrupted). Every now and then it could be the OFDM module but that would be very rare.

The gimbal top (main) board is not sold by DJI. Since it has proven to be a weak link on the P3P, the boards are also often hard to find. It seems we have at least one person per week here looking for one of the boards to fix their no image transmission issue. If I were you, I'd try to find one used from a reputable source here in the forum such as @hunch or @Ted4797 or even send it to one of them if you are not inclined to tackle a repair yourself. Just something to consider during your decision making process. Good luck!

Last edited:
Could I live stream to youtube and watch on another device as a workaround? Or does that need the broken device?

Could I live stream to youtube and watch on another device as a workaround? Or does that need the broken device?
Welcome to the forum!
I don't think that would be possible, if your not getting an image from the gimbal to your mobile device.
But I never have done any streaming,

On your first post, the P3S is different because the mobile has to connect to the remote via WiFi.

@Oso,
Has there every been a connection problem and not actually the board failing that your talking about, or is the device not detected telling you its toast?

How frustrating when it worked when you last used it.

Rod

@Oso,
Has there every been a connection problem and not actually the board failing that your talking about, or is the device not detected telling you its toast?

How frustrating when it worked when you last used it.

Rod
Almost every time that I have seen modules 8 and 15 reported here to be showing "device not detected" it has been the gimbal board (video chip bad or FW corrupted). Its basically a near routine diagnosis at this point, though theoretically it could be the OFDM module but that would be very rare and unlikely. Of course, I don't ever pretend to be any sort of expert, so I can only help by explaining what I have learned by first hand experience or have read here enough times to believe. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Thanks.

Rod

Reactions: Oso
Even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for, at least I have a pointer to the problem and direction for a fix.

Thx Guys!

Oso is correct, the errors reported from your txt file on your microSD card are pointing to a bad gimbal main board.
i have about 50 of them here in the box that are bad LOL :)
back in the days DJI had a bad design on Phantom 2 V+ birds and wifi units burned out because of overheating.
same issue here but with the gimbal. that little fan on top of it is cosmetic ;) it does nothing.

main thing to remember here is that overheating in most cases occurs when people are doing firmware updates on their P3P birds
and they just sit there for 20+ minutes while update is doing its thing.

REMEMBER to put a blowing fan in front of the bird while doing the FW upgrade to prevent overheating of the gimbal!

Hard to believe that would be the case since it was working fine, I shut it down, set it on the shelf, then no feed the next time I turn it on.
Sadly, it's not entirely surprising. Along with the overheating issue with the gimbal board, we have seen reported a few times that memory chips (NAND) used by DJI develop bad blocks during a period of inactivity. It seems like that whenever we see someone start a new thread with, "I haven't used my P3 in a long time. It was working perfectly the last time I used it....," the very next sentence is often, "and now I have no image transmission" or something similar. The issue with NAND could be the root cause in these cases.

Good Info guys!
All P3's?
Is this mostly or only the P3P?

Rod

1. Relink
5. Update DJI go app
11. RC Reset
12. Litchi App

Thanks for any help.
Yes sir
Looking at that list says something about you ....
A good thing, but I think I think maybe you need to
Stand back chill and look at that list like to close to the trees in the forest, your list is complete that means only one thing left to do (get a new truck) lol kidding, your problem is the video downlink in the drone.
My P3P came defective in the box both the controller and the video downlink on the drone

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for all the help. I guess my next step will be to evaluate the cost of replacing the board and getting the wife's approval :)

@hunch or @Ted4797
Do you have any boards available?

I'm gonna look at this as a good thing. Since I can't see the video feed I've learned to fly by map with Waypoint missions which is VERY cool. Maybe there'll be an easy fix by the time I learn the real functions this thing was made for.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl