Another newby

Reaction score
Hi! I have purchased a DJI Phantom 3 standard. Got it with gift cards from Christmas, mostly. Won't actually arrive until February. Have some small in door drones and I have been practicing like crazy. Watched many hours of YouTube videos on anything to do with drones especially Phantoms. I already ordered several upgrades like landing gear, gimbal guard, inspire 1 tablet holder and prop guards.
I have read a lot of these forums and I have learned a lot.

Unfortunately I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba so it won't be good flying weather for another 2 and a half months. Looking forward to my first flight.

Robert Cook

Welcome to the forum Robert .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

You will be glad that you bought the phone/tablet holder as the standard holder is pretty flimsy. Plenty of great videos on the custom installation on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sorry, firstly welcome to the world of drones but I can't help laughing at the predicament of those in the northern hemisphere. You guys are covered in snow and can't fly, I am sitting here with 38C and can't fly as its too hot. Apparently heading for 47C in northern NSW this week and they won't be able to fly either.....

Reactions: Loz
New Phantom owner here, thanks to Santa, but same problem here, morning and afternoon are ok but way too hot and bright in the middle of the day however, I must add, recent FPV goggles purchase have thankfully solved the too bright problem. Bring on Winter asap!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sorry, firstly welcome to the world of drones but I can't help laughing at the predicament of those in the northern hemisphere. You guys are covered in snow and can't fly, I am sitting here with 38C and can't fly as its too hot. Apparently heading for 47C in northern NSW this week and they won't be able to fly either.....

Hey Tevek , gunna be 40 here in southern NSW on Friday. It's gunna be a long hot summer I think!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hey Tevek , gunna be 40 here in southern NSW on Friday. It's gunna be a long hot summer I think!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Mate I'm hearing you, I live in the west and our weather ends up in your backyard. I flew last week when it was 40 and it was like trying to fly Hayley's comet, the phone shut down from the heat and I gave up and opened a six pack........ Early in the morning or last thing in the arvo. Happy dayz.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl