Starting out with my first real drone.

If it is in your budget, also buy a P3 and play a lot. You will enjoy flying, be more relaxed and culminate your skills. If you get bored, sell it or give it away.
^^^^THIS^^^. About this time last year by boss told me he wanted to start a "drone division" at work and asked if I was interested in going to a class to get licensed. The first UAS I ever flew was the Inspire 1 the instructor had for class. Man I was nervous as heck. As soon as I finished the class I bought a Phantom 3 Standard since I knew my department was ordering a Phantom 4 Pro + for me to fly. In the month between getting licensed and our P4P+ being delivered I had the chance to fly my P3S a dozen times or more and practice some of the basic things I learned in class. I got comfortable flying my little $400 P3S before I ever got to see the nearly $4000 P4P+ kit with all the extras we got at work.
Sure the P3S doesn't have all of the sensors and obstacle avoidance but that can be a benefit. It Will run into stuff if you don't fly right. It requires you to pay a little more attention but at the same time it is less stressful since you know that if it does crash it is only a fraction of the cost of the P4P. I actually enjoy sitting in a chair in my driveway just cruising around a warehouse area near my neighborhood with my P3S compared to they flying I do at work.

I have home ins with Allstate and they insured my p4p for 36.00 a year (no deductible)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik