Another newbie question

Reaction score
Ok this is quite important..i have had lost signal to phone quite a bit but ive allways had drone in sight so was able to control it back etc.. but lets say i loose phone contact with drone all together at say 400 metres away and it wont reconnect.. is there a way to return the drone home by just using the remote control?. if yes how is it done please. cheers

Yes there's 2 ways. Either turn off the power on the remote for about 5 seconds or press and hold the RTH button on the remote until it starts flashing and beeping. Be sure smart return home is turned on under advanced settings for the AC in dji go before doin so and set a safe default RTH height in the app too. You can still fly normally in all cases without your device.

ok i dont have a rth button on my remote though. so do i just switch it off for 5 sec
Are you sure? Which model of remote do you have?

one like this

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 521
Looks like it has RTH top left, Which Phantom is that, my P3S remote doesn't look like that.

Rod

That looks like a P2 remote. What AC do you have?

@Scoobychief (Newbie) ;)

Couple of old threads...

Stay away from Phantom Magnets (Trees) They don't move out of the way and they usually when the battle. ;)

Rod

Ok this is quite important..i have had lost signal to phone quite a bit but ive allways had drone in sight so was able to control it back etc.. but lets say i loose phone contact with drone all together at say 400 metres away and it wont reconnect.. is there a way to return the drone home by just using the remote control?. if yes how is it done please. cheers
Also try this relinking again ,,it might establish better conection,,,or did I post this to you already
Screenshot_20190313-100242.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Ok this is quite important..i have had lost signal to phone quite a bit but ive allways had drone in sight so was able to control it back etc.
To clear up some confusion here .... Your drone connects to the controller (not the phone).
The phone uses wifi to communicate with the controller.
but lets say i loose phone contact with drone all together at say 400 metres away and it wont reconnect.. is there a way to return the drone home by just using the remote control?. if yes how is it done please. cheers
If you have lost contact with the drone, there is nothing you can do to tell the drone to do anything.
The controller switches will only work if you have a control signal.
But the drone is programmed to initiate RTH when/if it loses control signal for three seconds or more.

To clear up some confusion here .... Your drone connects to the controller (not the phone).
The phone uses wifi to communicate with the controller.

If you have lost contact with the drone, there is nothing you can do to tell the drone to do anything.
The controller switches will only work if you have a control signal.
But the drone is programmed to initiate RTH when/if it loses control signal for three seconds or more.
Assuming that hasn't been turned off in the app. Depending on the area you are flying in RTH isnt always the best option for control signal loss. I often set mine to hover in tight areas. I also turn off smart return home if im testing low battery issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Confusion?

Yes, It started with
"i have had lost signal to phone quite a bit but ive allways had drone in sight so was able to control it back etc.."
You probably still have control, you just have lost signal from the Phantom to the Remote and or Remote to your mobile device.

"but lets say i loose phone contact with drone all together at say 400 metres away and it wont reconnect.. "
If you loose all contact with the Phantom for three seconds, the Phantom will automatically Start RTH.
If the Phantom is in RTH and you regain a connection from the Remote to the Phantom. But you don't know it because your remote is not picking up the signal from the Phantom and you are trying to activate RTH, you can end up canceling it.
You are waiting for it to come back, but it is just hovering waiting for you.

is there a way to return the drone home by just using the remote control?. if yes how is it done please.
Yes, if you still have control of it. ;)

Those Three seconds, can cause Treeeed in seconds. :oops:

Rod

Confusion?

Yes, It started with
"i have had lost signal to phone quite a bit but ive allways had drone in sight so was able to control it back etc.."
You probably still have control, you just have lost signal from the Phantom to the Remote and or Remote to your mobile device.

"but lets say i loose phone contact with drone all together at say 400 metres away and it wont reconnect.. "
If you loose all contact with the Phantom for three seconds, the Phantom will automatically Start RTH.
If the Phantom is in RTH and you regain a connection from the Remote to the Phantom. But you don't know it because your remote is not picking up the signal from the Phantom and you are trying to activate RTH, you can end up canceling it.
You are waiting for it to come back, but it is just hovering waiting for you.

is there a way to return the drone home by just using the remote control?. if yes how is it done please.
Yes, if you still have control of it. ;)

Those Three seconds, can cause Treeeed in seconds. :oops:

Rod
You can set it to return home in the settings in the remote for when it loses contact

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic