Android tablet?

Reaction score
Hey all. I currently use an iPad air2 for my phantom 4 and 4 pro. It Works great but I get a little annoyed with limited space. iCloud drives me crazy. I was thinking of getting an android tablet but nothing seems to be compatible with android and dji go4. My phone is Samsung and it works fine as well. So any android tablet users feedback would be awsome. Thanks.

I was thinking of getting an android tablet but nothing seems to be compatible with android and dji go4.
So any android tablet users feedback would be awsome.
Perhaps you've been put off by DJI's pathetic short list of approved devices?
DJI hardly ever test any phones or tablets and there are many very good Android flying phones and tablets.
So any android tablet users feedback would be awsome.
I've flown with the Huawei M3 and M5 8 inch tablets for a few years and they are both outstanding.
Their new M6 should also be very good.

Have used Samsung since first flight,started on 8" tab now use 10/1 tab a,,runs multiple apps and some,weight bit on the heavy side but I'm happy with it,,

Thanks for the information. I was hoping these lists were off kilter. I will take a look around at some android tablets and give the ipad to the wife.
Cheers

Reactions: Capt KO
Would Something like this be fast enough ?
Have used Samsung since first flight,started on 8" tab now use 10/1 tab a,,runs multiple apps and some,weight bit on the heavy side but I'm happy with it,,
Screenshot_20200305-105640_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20200305-105929_Chrome.jpeg

Reactions: Phill2
Would Something like this be fast enough ?
The DJI Go 4 app is quite demanding and requires a fast processor and plenty of RAM to run properly.
A tablet released in 2015 and with only 2 GB of RAM is likely to give a disappointing experience.
The DJI ap has become bigger with time and these days, 4GB of RAM is the minimum you should look for in a flying tablet.
This listing gives you some ideas about what's working well for other users:

Reactions: Terrycross
Only ios tablets according to this list.
The DJI Go 4 app is quite demanding and requires a fast processor and plenty of RAM to run properly.
A tablet released in 2015 and with only 2 GB of RAM is likely to give a disappointing experience.
The DJI ap has become bigger with time and these days, 4GB of RAM is the minimum you should look for in a flying tablet.

Here's my tab specs,,this one has sd card and sim card and cost $600 in 2017 but was still cheaper than iPads at the time ,it was 700 but got 100 off (noel lemmings),,I like the price of one you have shared but have not seen before..have done 1 software update since owning this tab
20200307_094908.jpg
20200307_094849.jpg

If the min is 4 GB of ram then it doesn't make sense that there are tablets on the list with less that have marked o.k for dji go4. My ipad air 2 has the ok on this list but only has 2 GB. I'm a little confused...Truly nothing new. [emoji28]

If the min is 4 GB of ram then it doesn't make sense that there are tablets on the list with less that have marked o.k for dji go4. My ipad air 2 has the ok on this list but only has 2 GB. I'm a little confused...Truly nothing new. [emoji28]
That list started a long time back.
The DJI app has put on weight over time.
Tablets that were OK in the early days aren't handling it as well nowdays.
If you want a good flying experience, go for a tablet with a fast processor and 4GB or RAM (or more).

Hey all. I currently use an iPad air2 for my phantom 4 and 4 pro. It Works great but I get a little annoyed with limited space. iCloud drives me crazy. I was thinking of getting an android tablet but nothing seems to be compatible with android and dji go4. My phone is Samsung and it works fine as well. So any android tablet users feedback would be awsome. Thanks.
I use the Huwawi 10.8" M5 MediaPad with all my DJI Drones. Works with DJI GO4 and the new Fly app. Works excellent with no problems. The Display is very bright. Never use a screen hood. I think you will not be disappointed.

I have used a ASUS ZenPad 8.0 flawlessly for almost 2 years now. I got it, on sale, for $50.00 from verizon with an unlimited data plan. They normally run around $99.00 to $150, far cheaper than an ipad mini, I think. I use MavMount with my Mavic Pro 1st addition as well as, with my Mavic 2 Pro

I've used a Samsung Tab A for the past year and have never had any issues. Performs beautifully ever single time. Bought it off CL from some kid for $60 and I LOVE IT!
I have a glaxy tab A 2016 with 2gb of ram and I have not been able to get it to connect to my p4pro The exact model is SM-T580. Do you know how much ram your tab has? Just curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.