An alternative to DJI Go?

Reaction score
I was reading about an app for the Phantom called Autopilot. I appears to give the pilot more options than those included in DJI Go and was going to download it and give it a try. Except its ios only. Is there any alternative to DJI Go for android? I don't want to spend another couple of hundred £s on an ios device just to run a single app.

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Litchi is an option.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
MichaelMcG, you can find a list of alternative apps here.

Reactions: BigAl07
Reaction score
Litchi vs Autopilot is a recurring "Chevy vs Ford" debate. I've looked at Autopilot but have been using Litchi for awhile and don't plan to switch. I think they're probably both good. It appears to me that Litchi is a little more user-friendly and that Autopilot has some limitations relative to its capabilities if control is lost such as on a long flight out of transmitter range. The other thing I prefer is designing a waypoint mission on my computer rather than my mobil device. Autopilot doesn't have that capability. I virtually never use DJI Go anymore except for drone maintenance and housekeeping.

So...Litchi. Plus it's cheaper.

Reaction score
Litchi vs Autopilot is a recurring "Chevy vs Ford" debate. I've looked at Autopilot but have been using Litchi for awhile and don't plan to switch. I think they're probably both good. It appears to me that Litchi is a little more user-friendly and that Autopilot has some limitations relative to its capabilities if control is lost such as on a long flight out of transmitter range. The other thing I prefer is designing a waypoint mission on my computer rather than my mobil device. Autopilot doesn't have that capability. I virtually never use DJI Go anymore except for drone maintenance and housekeeping.

So you think its worth the £20 asking price then?

Reaction score
So you think its worth the £20 asking price then?
Yes, I absolutely do. It significantly expands the operating capabilities of the Phantom. I've been tempted to spend the $30 for Autopilot, just to see how it works (it's a hobby, after all), but so far I haven't read about anything that convinces me that that expenditure would get me anything that Litchi doesn't do,

Reaction score
Take a look at DJI Ultimate Flights. £17.00 instead of £20.00 over here.

What the USA pay in dollars, we pay in pounds. Golf equipment used to be the same too.

Reaction score

I run litchi and autipilot and both are great. You can do a lot more with autopilot however litchi mission hub is, as you have learnt, a great assistance for planning and mission creation. The lost connection issues with autipilot are a thing of the past, no RTH glitches and you can run LCMC like litchi if your prepared to throw away some of the advanced gimble control (it flys a mission just like litchi then).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cherry