Amazon Phantom 3 Preorders Now Live

Reaction score
For anyone interested, preorders are now live on Amazon. They are quoting a May 15 release.

Phantom 3 Advanced http://amzn.to/1GsHasu

Phantom 3 Professional http://amzn.to/1Js3dxE

The Professional is currently the #1 new release in Camera & Photo.

Personally, I ordered the Advanced model (Im still not sure whether I need 4k).

For anyone interested, preorders are now live on Amazon. They are quoting a May 15 release.

Phantom 3 Advanced http://amzn.to/1GsHasu

Phantom 3 Professional http://amzn.to/1Js3dxE

The Professional is currently the #1 new release in Camera & Photo.

Personally, I ordered the Advanced model (Im still not sure whether I need 4k).

I preordered my P3 from Amazon yesterday about 15 minutes into their presentation, so about 11:45 EST. I checked just as the show started and it wasn't up yet. Also, the P3 is sold and shipped by Amazon, not a third party, so I'm hoping that means quick shipping!

Nomad, you may want to read the reviews on the WarrenTech warranty. I canceled my 4 year order the same day because I'm not convinced they will cover drone camera damage - they could go broke fixing/replacing drone cameras...doesn't include gimbal, either.

Nomad, double check with the company that's offering it. Last I read they don't cover drone cameras. That ad just pops up because phantoms are classified as a camera on the site and it pops up any time someone buys a camera.

I've purchased aftermarket warranties from SquareTrade.com before and they have been great to deal with. On one occasion I needed to make a claim for a 4k monitor and they paid with no hassle. I think you can buy a SquareTrade warranty within 30 days of purchasing your new product.

I have personally had a SmartGuard plan come through for me, but it's my understanding that they have stopped covering DJI products.

I purchased a plan for my stepfather when I got him a P2V+ for Christmas, and he had a slight mishap earlier this week. When we went back into his account, I noticed you couldn't register anything from DJI to your account. Thankfully, we registered his plan back in December, so I'm hoping they will honor it. (He's at least made progress with them, though their registration systems are terrible)

They have an employee on the Amazon reviews discouraging people from purchasing the plan for DJI products. For a while it was 'left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing', it seems to have come full-circle.

Honestly, I think they stopped doing it because there were a lot of brain-dead people that were using it as 'flyaway insurance', and complaining when they wouldn't cover it. How stupid do you have to be to expect to pay a company $80 (at the time) to refund you $1200-$1300 for a product that can't even be returned to the manufacturer.

TL;DR: I was fortunate, but I wouldn't recommend buying it because I have personally seen evidence that they no longer cover DJI products. Or buy it, then immediately try to set up your account, so that you can have it refunded when you notice the same. (Who knows, maybe they'll do it again, since I see they've raised the prices)

Last edited:
I've purchased aftermarket warranties from SquareTrade.com before and they have been great to deal with. On one occasion I needed to make a claim for a 4k monitor and they paid with no hassle. I think you can buy a SquareTrade warranty within 30 days of purchasing your new product.
But you weren't flying your monitor. I'm just saying, I've read numerous posts online on how squaretrade does not cover these things, and I recommend you call them and find out if you are paying for what you think you are paying for.

But you weren't flying your monitor. I'm just saying, I've read numerous posts online on how squaretrade does not cover these things, and I recommend you call them and find out if you are paying for what you think you are paying for.

True, though I've read posts that indicate that as of October 2014 SquareTrade was covering Phantoms for accidental damage - 3 years coverage for $270. The coverage did not include flyaway or theft - you needed to have the damaged Phantom in question.

I'm not sure if they are still covering Phantoms. I don't see a "drone" coverage category on their website (no surprise there!), so it might be worth a call for anyone interested. 1-888-504-2659

yeah I read in another forum that they killed the coverage offering once they figured out that these things actually crash pretty frequently, but that they would still honor any claims from policies created before December-ish.

why you folks making richer people more richer, the concept is to support the small businesses , this is good for economy and spread the wealth. Amazon ban the account if you return your Phantoms frequently.

The warranty offered by Amazon is no longer honored by WarrenTech. This is an oversight by Amazon still offering this option. WarrenTech will guide you through the process of requesting a refund from Amazon for the warranty you might have purchased. It seems they stopped covering the Phantom since September 2014.

Chat with Rep:

"Renaudia C.
Actually as of 9/2014 we no longer cover those. I apologize."

Last edited:
If you have homeowner's insurance, you might be able to list a Phantom on the policy. I know that some people go this route with expensive photo gear.

do you guys think amazon will have it earlier than B&H ? I ordered mine through B&H

While I doubt Amazon will ship before B&H, I bet they ship at the same time. Also, if there are issues I suspect they will be easier to deal with.

I bought my first Phantom (1.1.1) from a seller via Amazon as a bundle package. To my dismay, a piece of the bundle was incorrect - it included an extra set of first gen props instead of self-tightening props. I contacted Amazon and they immediately issued me a $150 credit - substantially more than the cost of some props! Then I contacted the seller, and they apologized for the mistake and sent me the correct props plus two extra batteries as recompense.

I have had great customer service experiences with Amazon. They may not be the first to ship the product, but they are usually great about backing it up. This time around I bought my Phantom 3 directly from Amazon, with Prime shipping.

After a lengthy wait, today I received notification from Amazon that my P3 order has shipped!

To Amazon's credit, my shipping speed was automatically upgraded from Prime 2-Day to NEXT DAY. This means that tomorrow afternoon, I should be unboxing the bird.

Anyone else expecting a delivery from Amazon this week?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic