Amazon Air Delivery-What You May Not of Considered.

Reaction score
Back in 2013 Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s CEO revealed their intentions to make deliveries with drones within 30 minutes after placing the order. At that point it was almost taken as a joke because of the obvious technical, operational and legal challenges that such service presented.

photo-3-696x387.jpg

Further in 2015 they came with their second model (presented by Jeremy Clarkson) of the Prime Air with a hybrid shape between a fixed-wing and a multicopter and a bunch of features such as image recognition and sense and avoid technology. The announcement was quite a surprise since Amazon looked really committed to make it a reality this time.

Amazon Prime Air Delivery - Episode III - WeTalkUAV

Well.... They have to have a car battery strapped to it in order to power the weight and distance of the parcel ESP in strong winds to make a delivery worth while. My drone can't land on the same spot it took off from, God knows how that's meant to land instead of ending up on a car roof lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well.... They have to have a car battery strapped to it in order to power the weight and distance of the parcel ESP in strong winds to make a delivery worth while. My drone can't land on the same spot it took off from, God knows how that's meant to land instead of ending up on a car roof lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Landing accuracy is apparently based on landing on a marked pad, similar to the system used by the Mavic and the Phantom 4 Pro.

BN-LM631_amzndr_G_20151130161708.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Amazon Drone Delivery – 3 Major Legal Problems with Amazon Prime Air

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.