Amazing Snowy Mountains

Reaction score
I was traveling through the mountains today, and stopped at the top of the highest pass in Washington. I’ve never flown my drone somewhere like this, and it was breathtaking. My fingers where freezing really quick, but I got some coool (haha) photos and video.
It was so beautiful from 500ft up, and on the ground it didn’t look that pretty. It really showcased the usefulness of drones for me.

Attachments

• A4CCFDBE-CCB8-4A5F-88AE-42600309CF3B.jpeg
    A4CCFDBE-CCB8-4A5F-88AE-42600309CF3B.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 791B2319-59A1-4D96-A28C-A747C9CE60F8.jpeg
    791B2319-59A1-4D96-A28C-A747C9CE60F8.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 4BD6E032-335B-4144-ACCC-150AE40280CD.jpeg
    4BD6E032-335B-4144-ACCC-150AE40280CD.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 0B636EB0-825F-44AA-97C0-588BEE088080.jpeg
    0B636EB0-825F-44AA-97C0-588BEE088080.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 227
  • A9A84148-637B-481B-9A81-6FFA7619901D.jpeg
    A9A84148-637B-481B-9A81-6FFA7619901D.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 248
They can track you down via this post and possibly fine you. More people breaking the rules makes it bad for the rest of us. Best thing to do is go over the FAA rules for flying drones. Make sure your drone is registered.It's the LAW. We want you to have a good time flying. It is a great sport. Loved your pictures. I'd love to see more of the mountains in your area. Happy flying.

Reactions: BigAl07
They can track you down via this post and possibly fine you. More people breaking the rules makes it bad for the rest of us. Best thing to do is go over the FAA rules for flying drones. Make sure your drone is registered.It's the LAW. We want you to have a good time flying. It is a great sport. Loved your pictures. I'd love to see more of the mountains in your area. Happy flying.

[Language removed by ADMIN] I have my faa license and my drone is registered. Your way way to scared. The faa doesn’t care if someone flys a drone a little high in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Language removed by ADMIN] I have my faa license and my drone is registered. Your way way to scared. The faa doesn’t care if someone flys a drone a little high in the middle of nowhere.

You're wrong.. VERY wrong on this one. I can 100% assure you that the FAA does care if you're "Flying a little high in the middle of no where". The Regulations are not a buffet where you get to pick and chose when you'll follow them and when you won't.

If you have your Part 107 I would have expected you to know better.

FWIW the FAA is a lot more "aware" than you think my friend.

You're wrong.. VERY wrong on this one. I can 100% assure you that the FAA does care if you're "Flying a little high in the middle of no where". The Regulations are not a buffet where you get to pick and chose when you'll follow them and when you won't.

If you have your Part 107 I would have expected you to know better.

FWIW the FAA is a lot more "aware" than you think my friend.

You are correct, that’s why rules are changing so much. It’s not just incidents like Gatwick, but videos posted by burger kingers who have to do it their way. RID is pretty much going to clean house. The FAA is going to have a surplus of funds to pay USS for the next twenty years. Maybe this is something to comment on the NPRM.

Reactions: Terrycross
Nah, I just don’t care about them.

Seriously? That mindset/attitude is one major reason why our industry is facing such stringent and burdensome restrictions coming up in the next 36 months. Very unacceptable to say the least.

You do understand that the FAA Regulations are law and have consequences when busted??

Seriously? That mindset/attitude is one major reason why our industry is facing such stringent and burdensome restrictions coming up in the next 36 months. Very unacceptable to say the least.

You do understand that the FAA Regulations are law and have consequences when busted??
Yah, I’m safe and fallow the rules when it matters. I always check for airports and no fly zones, I don’t fly over crowds of people, most of the time I fly under 400ft. But if I’m in the middle of nowhere and need to go a little higher to get a picture then I will. There’s no way that the faa will track me down, I can guarantee that. Although the money hungry idiots probably don’t have anything better to do.

Yah, I’m safe and fallow the rules when it matters. I always check for airports and no fly zones, I don’t fly over crowds of people, most of the time I fly under 400ft. But if I’m in the middle of nowhere and need to go a little higher to get a picture then I will. There’s no way that the faa will track me down, I can guarantee that. Although the money hungry idiots probably don’t have anything better to do.

Keep telling yourself that.... the fines can be substantial.

Last edited:
I have always wanted to fly in the White Mountains to capture similar video/images. BUT ... the last I heard, the White Mountains are in a “no fly” zone. There is no reason, even capturing great photographic images, that can justify ignoring rules/regulations which can lead to even more drone restrictions.

This
I have always wanted to fly in the White Mountains to capture similar video/images. BUT ... the last I heard, the White Mountains are in a “no fly” zone. There is no reason, even capturing great photographic images, that can justify ignoring rules/regulations which can lead to even more drone restrictions.
This was taken in Sherman pass in Washington and is not a no fly zone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.