Am I reading this wrong?

Reaction score
Was about to do a firmware update on my P3 4k, it's been a while since I used it. I like to use it with Litchi for short missions and for panoramas with Litchi as well.

Are they saying they are going to restrict my flights to 50m distance and 30m high if I lose my connection, my phone crashes or if I am flying a Litchi mission?

Screenshot_20180313-214421.png
m

I flew my 4K today as it has been sitting and saw that. Will do tonite and you might already know but be sure and redo all your settings as they will be lost . I always screenshot what I have before hand so I remember .
Old age :oops:

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Reactions: captainmilehigh
Was about to do a firmware update on my P3 4k, it's been a while since I used it. I like to use it with Litchi for short missions and for panoramas with Litchi as well.

Are they saying they are going to restrict my flights to 50m distance and 30m high if I lose my connection, my phone crashes or if I am flying a Litchi mission?

View attachment 96294 m
If you want to fly around the back yard without the app, yes there will be limits. If you want to fly with the app but not logged in as you, yes there will be limits. If you're signed in and DJI knows it's you, then no limits.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I posted I saw the banner today and did but just went in and had already done it . Was up todate . Strange .But fly's great so no matter .

I use a NVidia Shield tablet to fly with, does the update mean that no matter what I do or how I fly, I'm limited in range and height because I can't log into my DJI account?

Reactions: chrislongley
I use a NVidia Shield tablet to fly with, does the update mean that no matter what I do or how I fly, I'm limited in range and height because I can't log into my DJI account?
Welcome to the forum!

No, that is not what it means. You can check out this post for more detailed information and also a good video explaining the flight restrictions. The video references a Mavic, but the concepts are the same.

Thanks for the quick reply, some very good information in that post. I'm assuming that even though it dates back to 2015, it still applies. I haven't flown in a couple of weeks, I'll check to see if I have any updates pending. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply, some very good information in that post. I'm assuming that even though it dates back to 2015, it still applies. I haven't flown in a couple of weeks, I'll check to see if I have any updates pending. Thanks again.
Just make sure to log in to your DJI account before you go fly. That's all you have to do. Usually the only thing that logs you out of it is FW updates.

The post I linked to and the thread that it is in are both from July 2017 and yes it still applies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.