Altitude info from base P 2 v 2.4

Reaction score
Greeting folks. I have a new phantom 2 v 2.4 without the camera, its a base model. I want to get altitude info from the drone. I was told i needed an iosd mini, which i bought. It can plug directly into a connector on the landing gear. I had the dji app on my iphone for my P2vision, but the app does not see the P2v2.4 . Can anyone tell me what i need to do to receice altitude info from this drone?

Greeting folks. I have a new phantom 2 v 2.4 without the camera, its a base model. I want to get altitude info from the drone. I was told i needed an iosd mini, which i bought. It can plug directly into a connector on the landing gear. I had the dji app on my iphone for my P2vision, but the app does not see the P2v2.4 . Can anyone tell me what i need to do to receice altitude info from this drone?

You would need a complete FPV system in order to view your altitude. Here is what you need for an FPV system a camera, gimbal, video transmitter, mini iOSD (which you have), and a monitor/receiver. While you could use an iPhone app to view the telemetry and see what was being viewed and recorded on a P2 vision it cannot be done with P2 non-vision without the FPV system listed above.

You would need a complete FPV system in order to view your altitude. Here is what you need for an FPV system a camera, gimbal, video transmitter, mini iOSD (which you have), and a monitor/receiver. While you could use an iPhone app to view the telemetry and see what was being viewed and recorded on a P2 vision it cannot be done with P2 non-vision without the FPV system listed above.
Ok, thanks. I didnt need the camera system on this drone so went with the base model. This sounds complicated. I wonder if there is a stand alone system i can add to get the altitude without remodeling this drone? Thanks for the info.

Ok, thanks. I didnt need the camera system on this drone so went with the base model. This sounds complicated. I wonder if there is a stand alone system i can add to get the altitude without remodeling this drone? Thanks for the info.

There's just no way you can work around as the FPV for the P2 non-vision operates on a frequency of 5.8GHz while the P2 itself operates on a 2.4GHz frequency. Your iPhone app works on a wifi frequency of 2.4GHz. Does this help you to understand how it works or not?

Reactions: pivotpoint
Just as a mention- You could update the control to a Futaba system.
They have telemetry modules you could add. Pricey, but an option.

Thanks for the info fellas. I think i will just use an altimeter and get the altitude reading at the end of the flight. I think i can make this work for my mission. Thanks again

Thanks for the info fellas. I think i will just use an altimeter and get the altitude reading at the end of the flight. I think i can make this work for my mission. Thanks again

The mini iOSD does not store any telemetry information so it would be a waste time even hooking it up. It also does not operate the same way as the P2 vision does.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl