Alternative brushless gimbal for PV

Reaction score
Have you guys seen this:
http://youtu.be/buw0i9dfbU4
I don't know if the tilt function works but look closely at the last few seconds cos it looks like the camera tilts down slowly before he turns it off.
Looking at his build comments on one of his other videos; it's seems like a fairly easy build. Anyone know this guy? Need to get him to leave a build post on here (unless he has already and I've missed it)
Cheers,
Morgan

From his comments on the video:

I flew it shortly last night but was too dark to get any usable video. After work today I will get some footage. It did a great job of stabilizing the image tho. I am very pleased. <$200 verses the >$700 for the Dutch Vision Gimbal.

Yes the Tilt function works via the app. I did have to change the limit settings in the Vision Assistant software. Camera would try to point straight up when moved to top of slider. It now points straight down and just slightly above horizontal at the ends of travel.

Some of his later sample flights look very nice, but it's a far cry from the "plug and play" dronexpert.nl gimbal... then again the price is a far cry too! It's a bit like the Vision itself - expensive compared to the V1, but everything you want is there, out of the box, done for you. If you are a competent techie then it looks like you could build yourself a decent performing 3-axis gimbal like he has - it's a question of the time, the tools, the tech knowledge and the time ;) . Personally, if I was ready to get a gimbal, I would prefer something that I could just plug in - which I think for many of those who have pre-ordered it is the key USP of the dronexpert... No tinkering, testing, tuning, etc to eat into your flying time.

Morgan 1983 said:
Have you guys seen this:
http://youtu.be/buw0i9dfbU4
I don't know if the tilt function works but look closely at the last few seconds cos it looks like the camera tilts down slowly before he turns it off.
Looking at his build comments on one of his other videos; it's seems like a fairly easy build. Anyone know this guy? Need to get him to leave a build post on here (unless he has already and I've missed it)
Cheers,
Morgan

That gimbal looks complicated. I'm seeing all kinds of wiring and such attached to the body of the phantom. Is this a prototype perhaps? Either way, kudos to the designer for making an effort!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20