Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Why is Airnest so expensive $19.99 for iOS ?

Reactions: gfredrone
I open the go app before opening Airnest to adjust settings. I did kill the go app before I initiated your app

I know this will seem weird, as the interaction with Go is kind of weird, have you tried running it with the DJI Go app still running in the background? Also try swiping the camera mode in the video view to see if that helps. Let me know.

Thanks,

Justin

I have just bought the App, but is it the case you have to register it with DJI when attached to the internet as I believe I read this somewhere before it initialises and one can use Airiest?

You won't be able to connect to the drone without the app registering, if it fails to register it should kick back an error message popup.

You won't be able to connect to the drone without the app registering, if it fails to register it should kick back an error message popup.
I tried to connect with the props off last night at home with WiFi available but got an error message. Any suggestions?

I tried to connect with the props off last night at home with WiFi available but got an error message. Any suggestions?

Do you recall what the text of the error message said? If it was a registration issue it would likely have suggested that you email us the code in the error message.

Reactions: Skylark
Do you recall what the text of the error message said? If it was a registration issue it would likely have suggested that you email us the code in the error message.
Thanks for the reply. Will try it after dinner in a while!!

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, do I just open up your app and it will register automatically or is there something else I need to do. Thanks

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, do I just open up your app and it will register automatically or is there something else I need to do. Thanks

It will register automatically, it only needs the internet connection the first time, of course you will need internet to cache your map tiles. It likely already registered for you. Just email me any questions when you test again at [email protected]. I am able to respond more quickly there.

Thanks,

Justin

On tight curves and turns at that speed it will be aggressive when flying. We are planning on putting a warning in the app to help users understand this. This is more on the DJI side of things due to their flight code/characteristics. I felt, and correct me if I am wrong, that the ability to high speeds would be necessary for high and long flights, but for short and tight flight patterns you will need to move slower to achieve fluid flight characteristics.

addendum: Straight lines at high speed do work well for me as well.

There is a bug with the interaction between DJI GO and our app in the video side of things, can you try making sure DJI GO is not open in the background when you launch our app? I am trying to replicate it, it doesn't happen for every drone, so that I can try and fix it.

I have the no video issue u speak of here.

My PH3A is running up to date FW and iPhone 6+ also up to date.

In Path or Point modes I get no video, just a black video screen with the camera controls.

Tried running with or without DJI Go running, reloaded both DJI Go and Airnest and reboot of iPhone. But no video.

But works ok in Capture mode ?????

DJI Go app works fine.

I once got this "Camera Timeout error" But only once.

Ideas anyone?

IMG_3567.PNG

I have the no video issue u speak of here.

My PH3A is running up to date FW and iPhone 6+ also up to date.

In Path or Point modes I get no video, just a black video screen with the camera controls.

Tried running with or without DJI Go running, reloaded both DJI Go and Airnest and reboot of iPhone. But no video.

But works ok in Capture mode ?????

DJI Go app works fine.

I once got this "Camera Timeout error" But only once.

Ideas anyone?

View attachment 35598

The timeout was likely the drone lagging when setting the camera to capture mode (this is incase you were in playback mode from another app).

When you get a blank video screen try swiping it to video or photo mode and then back again and see if that fixes it. I am going to be posting a quick beta if anyone here with video issues wants to try it, the only change for this beta will be to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Justin

The timeout was likely the drone lagging when setting the camera to capture mode (this is incase you were in playback mode from another app).

When you get a blank video screen try swiping it to video or photo mode and then back again and see if that fixes it. I am going to be posting a quick beta if anyone here with video issues wants to try it, the only change for this beta will be to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Justin

yep tried that also...(Swiping back) just a blank screen with the camera controls on the screen.

quick beta fix? Cool. Send it thru please.

Thxs Man.

yep tried that also...(Swiping back) just a blank screen with the camera controls on the screen.

quick beta fix? Cool. Send it thru please.

Thxs Man.

Please email me at [email protected] with your apple id. It will take a couple hours for the app to process on the app store before I can get it out to you.

It will register automatically, it only needs the internet connection the first time, of course you will need internet to cache your map tiles. It likely already registered for you. Just email me any questions when you test again at [email protected]. I am able to respond more quickly there.

Thanks,

Justin
Hi Justin, sent you an email. Cheers, Michael

I finally took a couple of flights today with airiest, and I'm very happy what it. Now I did receive the same no video error, when I was heading out for a second route and the video went blank. I switch at P mode, closed down airiest at which DJIGO app showed the video feed, reopened Airnest and video came back.

hi, congrats, nice app and loved the easy to use approach!
I had some issues of video feed, like the video stopped and I had only a still image.. I had to close the app and take control with the dji go.

I would like to give you a couple of suggestion I think are missing.
1. when I set a mission would be better to ask the RTH altitude every time
2. the possibility to draw a second path while the Phantom is executing a path, so I can record multiple POIs in one shot saving time/battery
3. the possibility to change the altitude with the RC during the mission
4. the possibility to correct the tilt/pan of the gimbal during the mission keeping the POI as a target

cheers

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying your app.

Interesting...we fly our aerial for a nationally syndicated golf show and it looks like it might be a handy piece of software to use.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4