Aircraft won’t connect

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’ve searched the forums and all throughout google and I can find close matches but nothing to answer my specific question so I’m coming to the experts.

I traded video work for a Phantom 3 standard. I used it a few times and it worked fine. Eventually I started getting the “connect your aircraft” message when trying to use it. I would turn everything off and back on again and it would usually work.

Eventually resetting everything stopped working and now no matter what I try I still get the “connect your aircraft” message. The lights on the aircraft are flashing yellow for the end closest to the battery, and solid red for the other end.

So far I’ve
1. Tried the DJI Go app from multiple phones
2. Updated the app
3. Tried to update firmware via software, but there is no option to within the app
4. Tried to update firmware by putting it on a micro SD card, but the update never started
5. Tried a cord instead of wireless from my controller to my phone
6. Tried the “Link RC option, but it just times out without ever doing anything.
This option used to work for me but one day it suddenly quit.

So to boil this all down I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have any other ideas to try?

2. If this is a hardware failure what do I need to replace? The controller? The camera? The entire aircraft?

I’m considering buying a phantom 3 with no battery, controller, or camera, but I’m afraid this won’t fix the issue. Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. I’ve searched the forums and all throughout google and I can find close matches but nothing to answer my specific question so I’m coming to the experts.

I traded video work for a Phantom 3 standard. I used it a few times and it worked fine. Eventually I started getting the “connect your aircraft” message when trying to use it. I would turn everything off and back on again and it would usually work.

Eventually resetting everything stopped working and now no matter what I try I still get the “connect your aircraft” message. The lights on the aircraft are flashing yellow for the end closest to the battery, and solid red for the other end.

So far I’ve
1. Tried the DJI Go app from multiple phones
2. Updated the app
3. Tried to update firmware via software, but there is no option to within the app
4. Tried to update firmware by putting it on a micro SD card, but the update never started
5. Tried a cord instead of wireless from my controller to my phone
6. Tried the “Link RC option, but it just times out without ever doing anything.
This option used to work for me but one day it suddenly quit.

So to boil this all down I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have any other ideas to try?

2. If this is a hardware failure what do I need to replace? The controller? The camera? The entire aircraft?

I’m considering buying a phantom 3 with no battery, controller, or camera, but I’m afraid this won’t fix the issue. Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try manual link,,,its wifi so cable wont work ,,front lights always red,the rear tells you what goes on
Screenshot_20180323-213429.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dronesky
@Oroku Sake,
Welcome to the Forum!

What color is the status link light on the remote, what color is the link status light on the Phantom?

Rod

Hey guys thanks for the replies. The light is blinking red, and the manual link didn’t work. At this point I’m just ready to buy another one. Do you think getting a new aircraft and transferring the battery, camera, and controller will work? Or could the problem be related to the battery, camera, or controller?

#1 What color is the status link light on the remote?

#2 What color is the link status light on the Phantom?

Rod

#1 What color is the status link light on the remote?

#2 What color is the link status light on the Phantom?

Rod
When I first turn it on without trying to do anything else other than open the DJI app, the light on the aircraft is green, and the light on the controller is red.

"the light on the aircraft is green"
So you can start the motors and fly it, you have tried?

Rod

"the light on the aircraft is green"
So you can start the motors and fly it, you have tried?

Rod
I haven’t tried. My issue is my phone not being able to connect to the camera. As a videographer its useless to me without being able to do that.

I haven’t tried. My issue is my phone not being able to connect to the camera. As a videographer its useless to me without being able to do that.

I understand, but I'm trying to help you out.

"Do you think getting a new aircraft and transferring the battery, camera, and controller will work? Or could the problem be related to the battery, camera, or controller?"
Nobody can answer this question, without more input from you.

#1 All I got so far is it used to work.
#2 You don't have video.

#1 I would like to know if you can start the motors?
#2 Since you don't have video do you receive telemetry? I'm guessing no.

Follow this chart, I understand it pretty well.

P3S block diagram.

Rod

I understand, but I'm trying to help you out.

"Do you think getting a new aircraft and transferring the battery, camera, and controller will work? Or could the problem be related to the battery, camera, or controller?"
Nobody can answer this question, without more input from you.

#1 All I got so far is it used to work.
#2 You don't have video.

#1 I would like to know if you can start the motors?
#2 Since you don't have video do you receive telemetry? I'm guessing no.

Follow this chart, I understand it pretty well.

P3S block diagram.

Rod
My apologies Rod, I got confused and thought you were telling me there wasn’t a problem with the drone based on the lights.

The aircraft will not fly, and it is not receiving telemetry.

Reactions: RodPad
Just to make sure the Link light on the Phantom is the light in the same hole as the link button, nothing to do with the lights on the arms below the motors.

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers