after market batteries

Reaction score
No doubt this has come up before but I'm unable to find a thread on it. Has anyone found a good, safe and reliable after market battery for the P2V+?

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
Where, where, where can I get new OEM Phantom 2 Batteries??? Aftermarket is hit and mis (mostly mis) and kinda scared to try the unlocking modification for reg lipo

Reactions: genem56
Where, where, where can I get new OEM Phantom 2 Batteries??? Aftermarket is hit and mis (mostly mis) and kinda scared to try the unlocking modification for reg lipo

Unlocking mod ??
You won’t get new OEM as they stopped making them 3 years ago.

I have read the occasional comment that aftermarket batteries have failed. Most commonly that the battery has not clipped in properly and become disconnected during flight - easily checked.

Just buy one off eBay, checking the cell voltages on the desktop app before you use it.

Reactions: wormgrunter
I have read the occasional comment that aftermarket batteries have failed. Most commonly that the battery has not clipped in properly and become disconnected during flight - easily checked.

Just buy one off eBay, checking the cell voltages on the desktop app before you use it.
I did not know I could check battery cells preflight on a desktop app!
Would love to know where and how to get that app!!!!

Use caution with aftermarket batteries. They have a shorter lifetime than dji batteries due to them swelling inside the casing as a result of cheaper materials.

The phantom assistant - you need this anyway otherwise you can't set return to home etc.

You don’t need the assistant to set return to home, that’s hard coded into the phantom software and is initiated by turning off the controller or flipping the S1 switch in Naza Mode

I did not know I could check battery cells preflight on a desktop app!
Would love to know where and how to get that app!!!!

Watch my video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No doubt this has come up before but I'm unable to find a thread on it. Has anyone found a good, safe and reliable after market battery for the P2V+?

Why? Why would you take the chance? OEM batteries are inexpensive considering the damage you can do to your machine, or the risk of fire when charging them from an unreliable source. JMO.

Time to update your machine?

No - its time to check out 3rd party batterys ... many users around the world use 3rd party and do not burn down houses ... fall out of the sky ... risk life and limb in using.

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
No - its time to check out 3rd party batterys ... many users around the world use 3rd party and do not burn down houses ... fall out of the sky ... risk life and limb in using.

good luck, charge them outside your home just to be safe ot use a battery bag. In any case good luck and keep the forum posted.

Kielma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan