Advice on Video Settings

Reaction score
I have shot several video as I get to grips with flying the P3A and noticed some effects that I have not really noticed on other videos that have been posted. Although the first one is difficult to see on the you tube clip but is really obvious on the footage straight off the card. The effect is similar to what I believe you call stepping, but its more of a flicker, going light then dark then light in quick succession when nothing in the scene has changed. The second, which is obvious in the video below and happens 55s in, is when the colour saturation seems to change, I've really noticed this more in greens and has also been apparent in another video I shot, they go from a dull green to a vivid green and then sometimes back again. The Settings I currently have are

JPEG + Raw
Aspect ratio 16:9
Auto White Balance
1920 x 1080 60fps
Style: None Standard
Colour: Log
Anti Flicker 50Hz
MP4
NTSC.

Any ideas of what might be causing this, I am totally new to video and the Phantom. I hope its not a dodgy camera as I absolutely love it and would hate to have to send it back.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try the manual settings - this will lock the exposure and you can manually set white balance too, however it's easy to get this wrong and get disappointing results because the reason the camera is changing on auto is due to light levels changing e.g. more sky makes a brighter image.
A typical 'there and back' or circular flight you'd likely need adjust things at least once.
I thought the automatic adjustments not intrusive in your clip, and it would be hard to do much better manually.
You might edit out short sections later during the transition periods.

Here's a good overview of the DJI Pilot camera settings:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try the manual settings - this will lock the exposure and you can manually set white balance too, however it's easy to get this wrong and get disappointing results because the reason the camera is changing on auto is due to light levels changing e.g. more sky makes a brighter image.
A typical 'there and back' or circular flight you'd likely need adjust things at least once.
I thought the automatic adjustments not intrusive in your clip, and it would be hard to do much better manually.
You might edit out short sections later during the transition periods.

So when it goes from a bluish green to a more vibrant yellowy green at 55s into the video this is normal in auto settings?

I could understand it happening more if you are varying the percentage of how much sky and ground are in the shot, but it seems to happen sometimes even when its pointing straight down with whats in shot not changing at all.

Luckily I understand how ISO, shutter speed, WB etc work as I have been into photography for many years now, I will have a play with manual mode to see if I can smooth out these anomalies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.