Advice Needed: Possible Post Water Damage to R/C. Also, is this Camera "clicking" normal?

Reaction score
The p4p survived a short rain and hail storm, but the R/C might have taken some water damage. Can you please check the video and let me know if that "clicking" noise is normal? I've tested it out and the footage is still unaffected by the rain/hail, but I just need to make sure. If there's any maintence, can you please recommend what I need to do to keep that gimbal smooth? Going back to the R/C, the screen often disconnects, screen tears, or a green screen happens out of nowhere. It's an on and off thing. Please see the two unlisted videos posted to see what I mean. I'm thinking the usb port got affected by the water. I run a dual screen setup, and the hmdi output works smooth, but the usb connected iphone gave me green screens and connection issues. Even after the iphone 6 disconnected, the hdmi still ran, so I'm thinking it's only the usb port. Hopefully it's just that, but can someone please give me advice? I tested this on two iphones: one iphone 6 that was water damaged from the rain/hail storm and another iphone 6, yet both gave similar results. I also switched out the lightning cables, and the problem is still there. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated!

"Clicking Camera"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"R/C Green Screen/ Disconnect"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is that red thing on the front of the lens a filter holder? Where did you get it?

Any added weight might have an effect on the gimbal. Have you tried it without the "holder" attached?
Also, if you power-down the remote, does it keep making the noise?

Any added weight might have an effect on the gimbal. Have you tried it without the "holder" attached?
Also, if you power-down the remote, does it keep making the noise?
Yup. DJi said it might have been the hail, but it works fine. Others think it's just a ribbon cable problem, but if it's working, then it works!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic