Since software update, lost app camera image and have flashing red/green LED on R/C.

Reaction score
I haven't flown my Phantom 4 for a few months. Did the latest software update prior to a planned flight today and it hung up at 99% whilst updating the a/c from the R/C. Not sure if this was because our internet connection went down or something unrelated (I thought this was a direct R/C to a/c upload so loss of internet wouldn't have mattered).

I've now lost most of the a/c camera image on the DJI Go 4 screen on either my iPad of iPhone (it is green mostly but get the odd strip of imagery, and the R/C LED on the front, next to the battery indicator LEDs, is alternating very fast between red, green and white).

I'd like to just try and reload all the software onto the R/C, to reset everything, but can't see where to do this on the DJI Go 4 app. I logged onto the DGI Assistant 2 and reloaded the a/c software, but it will not connect to my R/C.
I've tried resetting the R/C by pressing the C1 & C2 buttons on the underside, plus the trigger button (top right, nearest to the aerial), by pressing them simultaneously, but this doesn't seem to help and the faults remain.

Any help in steps I need to do to reset everything would be much appreciated. I don't need to retain the old flight data etc.
I am novice at this, so please bear with me, sorry.

Thanks, Tim

Reactions: JWH
I haven't flown my Phantom 4 for a few months. Did the latest software update prior to a planned flight today and it hung up at 99% whilst updating the a/c from the R/C. Not sure if this was because our internet connection went down or something unrelated (I thought this was a direct R/C to a/c upload so loss of internet wouldn't have mattered).

I've now lost most of the a/c camera image on the DJI Go 4 screen on either my iPad of iPhone (it is green mostly but get the odd strip of imagery, and the R/C LED on the front, next to the battery indicator LEDs, is alternating very fast between red, green and white).

I'd like to just try and reload all the software onto the R/C, to reset everything, but can't see where to do this on the DJI Go 4 app. I logged onto the DGI Assistant 2 and reloaded the a/c software, but it will not connect to my R/C.
I've tried resetting the R/C by pressing the C1 & C2 buttons on the underside, plus the trigger button (top right, nearest to the aerial), by pressing them simultaneously, but this doesn't seem to help and the faults remain.

Any help in steps I need to do to reset everything would be much appreciated. I don't need to retain the old flight data etc.
I am novice at this, so please bear with me, sorry.

Thanks, Tim
Here's a post on how to do remote again
1512768675283806031296.jpg
also after any firmware try relinking ,not sure on light description you describe for remote,that's a new one,here's a light chart for your reference,on home page in djigo4 app before you conect there is 3 lines top right ,hold for 5 secs and it should show downgrading for remote if you have no luck with assistant
1512769131898-262821939.jpg

Manual re-link if can't do by app,,,hold c1 and c2 and record button and shutter button while pressing right Gimble wheel in with remote already on,,it should start beeping then press link button on drone for a sec,link button should then turn green

I've tried every which way this morning for over 2hrs but still no luck. I can get the blue light on the RC to show, but the pairing doesn't seem to work as the yellow flashing light/button on the a/c then flashes red afterwards. I've tried reloading the software and connecting the iPhone/iPad to the a/c as the on screen instruction (see photo) says (with the RC on), but pressing ok does nothing. The RC still flashes very fast red/green/white multiple times per second.
I'm at a loss as to what's wrong. It was perfectly find before I tried to do the software update.
I appreciate your comprehensive reply to my query yesterday Ian, thank you.
15f9b255bdbb9b45aa38855b0e45f46d.jpg

I've tried every which way this morning for over 2hrs but still no luck. I can get the blue light on the RC to show, but the pairing doesn't seem to work as the yellow flashing light/button on the a/c then flashes red afterwards. I've tried reloading the software and connecting the iPhone/iPad to the a/c as the on screen instruction (see photo) says (with the RC on), but pressing ok does nothing. The RC still flashes very fast red/green/white multiple times per second.
I'm at a loss as to what's wrong. It was perfectly find before I tried to do the software update.
I appreciate your comprehensive reply to my query yesterday Ian, thank you.
15f9b255bdbb9b45aa38855b0e45f46d.jpg
Try with an android device, worked for me after going through what you did and giving up on my ipad mini4.

Busta1n2, you are a lifesaver! Thank you so much. I hope someday I’m able to contribute back to this community in that way.

This post was timely. I tried to do the firmware update via the DJI Assistant2 on my PC. Everything appears to work, then I get a message "update failed". Fortunately, the drone works fine. I went through all of the calibrations in case something got messed up. I suppose I will give up on the latest update.

This post was timely. I tried to do the firmware update via the DJI Assistant2 on my PC. Everything appears to work, then I get a message "update failed". Fortunately, the drone works fine. I went through all of the calibrations in case something got messed up. I suppose I will give up on the latest update.
HI pay to check settings in app aswell ,especially rth height,I had no luck with assistant on computer so did mine with OTG usb adapter to my tablet

Reactions: JWH

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl