adding led's help

Reaction score
I really get a kick out of flying at night. It freaks all the neighborhood kids out. I want to add a few led lights and didnt know if there was some easy to use or install kit that Includes everything and doesnt require me taking the DJI apart?

Yeah there are a ton on ebay - search for "DJI PHANTOM LIGHT" and you'll have dozens.
I have a headlight for mine, just to make it easier to tell the orientation of the unit at night.

Use discretion flying at night though. You can quickly get your neighbors to hate you

Thanks I have seen those but couldnt tell if they where just plug and play or required taking the phantom apart?

My neighbors love it they come down and ask if I can fly it over their kids while they tell them its a UFO thats here to take them away if they are bad :)

What version of the Phantom do you have? The headlights on for the Phantom on ebay commonly plug in to the balance port on a standard lipo battery...the proprietary P2/P2V batteries do not have that. However, on non-Vision P2's there is an 11v power lead already provided that's intended for an FPV transmitter, but can also power any lights that accept that voltage input.

OI Photography said:
What version of the Phantom do you have? The headlights on for the Phantom on ebay commonly plug in to the balance port on a standard lipo battery...the proprietary P2/P2V batteries do not have that. However, on non-Vision P2's there is an 11v power lead already provided that's intended for an FPV transmitter, but can also power any lights that accept that voltage input.

Do you have a picture of this lead please?

I have the Phantom 2 non vision. I to would also like to stay away from attaching to the battery terminal. I am not quite sure how I would connect to the connection for the gimbal?

UKKey said:
OI Photography said:

Do you have a picture of this lead please?

I don't have one handy, but it's a 4-strand cable: brown/yellow/brown/red. Yellow+brown = video output, red+brown = power output. They're meant to hook up to an FPV transmitter of your choice but the power output can be used for anything that takes 11v.

I'm wanting to take advantage of this cable as I couldn't see an easy way to power LED on Phantom 2 with H3 3D gimbal

So "red+brown = power output" is positive?

What color is the wire for negative?

Thank you!

Well heh Navman, looks like the Brown wire next to the Red should work 'cause you got 12vdc out of provided it can handle 200ma :shock:

Navman said:
I'm wanting to take advantage of this cable as I couldn't see an easy way to power LED on Phantom 2 with H3 3D gimbal

So "red+brown = power output" is positive?

What color is the wire for negative?

Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl