About FPV viewing.

I still don't understand how you control your iphone screen with that remote? Does it work like mouse on computer? Those Sonics say that function works only android, not ios?

with the lag of the p3 i'd keep the tablet specially if on budget (but then thats just me). You can put some cardboard around it for the sun or just a tshirt on your head;)

headsets are nice for immersion but its really weird when lag is above 100ms (which is it), so its handy to be able to see third person. I like it when i get sound+video and lag is <100ms thought, it really feels like you're flying. (also, p3 doesnt transmit sound sadly)

So the lag using a headset is quite bad, does that go for all of them?

If you are considering getting a set of goggles for FPV use, or just to deal with glare from your device I can not recommend strongly enough that you seek out other FPV flyers and ask to try on their goggles. Everyone getting their first set og goggles has the same questions and concerns, such as IPD adjustment and diopter lenses if needed...

You will most certainly find FatShark HD V1's and Dominator V2's among the goggles in use, and likely also a set of HeadPlays. The newest FS goggles have been shipping so you may find them in use as well. Regardless of what you try on each set of goggles will help you build a reference poinjt in your decision making process.

The FPV / goggle experience is so personal that all the discussion in the world about FOV and pixal clarity doesn't mean much until you actually have a set of goggles on and are viewing actual in flight video.

And yes, there is some video lag from all goggles, though I find that the delay is less than from my device (Mini 3).

I own and use both the HP's and the new FS Dominator V3 goggles for use with my P3P. They are very different viewing experiences. I could attempt to describe these differences to you, but You'd be better served just trying them on and judging with your own eyes.

:harry

I have been using the Gear VR with my Note 4 since it's inception. While awesome there are a bit of draw backs. So far for side-by-side viewing Letchi is the 1 app as far as I know and it is still in beta. Even though the Note 4 has a 4K display I see pixels when I use the VR adapter. With the Sony HMZ-T3Ws no pixels and perfect 720P FPV. Another issue is that your software controls are now strapped on your head and getting screen inputs will not be intuitive with a BT joystick. With my FPVs I simply push them up a little bit or remove the bottom sunshield and look down at the app and tap menu items.

I would like to see the Leap Motion Controller fully integrated with the VR environment and with the Go app for instance complete with intuitive hand gestures to open menus and full flight control if desired. I would sure use VR then.

Love the Cinemizers. They plug into my Shield tablet so I can see everything clearly even in direct sunlight. I don't takeoff or land wearing them, just let them hang by their croakies around my neck. I don't need to touch the tablet, all the camera controls are on the transmitter. BTW, the delay is exactly the same as the tablet, almost none.

Some on EBay if anyone is interested.

Zeiss Cinemizer HD OLED 3D FPV Goggles TV Video Glasses HDMI

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I still don't understand how you control your iphone screen with that remote? Does it work like mouse on computer? Those Sonics say that function works only android, not ios?

You can set up the remote to operate just like a mouse essentially. I have both a BT mouse and BT controller which I can use on my Note 4, even at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: mzgm
Love the Cinemizers. They plug into my Shield tablet so I can see everything clearly even in direct sunlight. I don't takeoff or land wearing them, just let them hang by their croakies around my neck. I don't need to touch the tablet, all the camera controls are on the transmitter. BTW, the delay is exactly the same as the tablet, almost none.

Some on EBay if anyone is interested.

Zeiss Cinemizer HD OLED 3D FPV Goggles TV Video Glasses HDMI

I have always liked Zeiss optics but thought the resolution was a bit less than the full 720P the video feed is. Is that the case with yours?

I have always liked Zeiss optics but thought the resolution was a bit less than the full 720P the video feed is. Is that the case with yours?
They mirror the 720 feed from the tablet. It looks like a 40" display, very clear and bright. They have individual diopters for each eye to fine tune the focus. They are expensive like most Zeiss products.;)

They mirror the 720 feed from the tablet. It looks like a 40" display, very clear and bright. They have individual diopters for each eye to fine tune the focus. They are expensive like most Zeiss products.;)

I am sure I would have liked the optics of the Zeiss better but I had to go with the HMZ-T3W because they were the full 1280X720 and the display is 75" at the same 2 meters. I think the Zeiss are 870X500. Either way we kind of look cool like Jordy LaForge on Star Trek. lol

Reactions: Fplvert
I am sure I would have liked the optics of the Zeiss better but I had to go with the HMZ-T3W because they were the full 1280X720 and the display is 75" at the same 2 meters. I think the Zeiss are 870X500. Either way we kind of look cool like Jordy LaForge on Star Trek. lol
Yup!
image.jpg

My wife is not interested in Phantoms, but she likes the goggles okay. Here's a review on the Sony ones. The view must be very immersive!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yup!View attachment 31823
My wife is not interested in Phantoms, but she likes the goggles okay. Here's a review on the Sony ones. The view must be very immersive!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Sonys are excellent, I bought an extra wireless adapter and have it operating on my computer giving my system 4 HD monitors and the Sonys operate in 3D mode. The other adapter is in the bedroom connected to the Direct TV when I want to watch a movie in bed in HD using the 7.1 surround sound ear buds that come with the HMZs. Flying the P3 with them is pure pleasure, you find yourself moving your head up and down left and right to see around, a lot like riding a motorcycle on a winding mountain road at top speed.

The Note 4 is the epitome of immersive. You slap the Note 4 in the Gear VR and BAM! You are on another planet. It is crazy, makes my dad want to throw-up. You need to either be sitting down in a swivel chair or at least hanging on to something. You will be falling down, spinning around grabbing stuff in the air and screaming like a little girl. FPV with the VR thing would be an option for sure if the apps supported it.

The Sonys are excellent, I bought an extra wireless adapter and have it operating on my computer giving my system 4 HD monitors and the Sonys operate in 3D mode. The other adapter is in the bedroom connected to the Direct TV when I want to watch a movie in bed in HD using the 7.1 surround sound ear buds that come with the HMZs. Flying the P3 with them is pure pleasure, you find yourself moving your head up and down left and right to see around, a lot like riding a motorcycle on a winding mountain road at top speed.

The Note 4 is the epitome of immersive. You slap the Note 4 in the Gear VR and BAM! You are on another planet. It is crazy, makes my dad want to throw-up. You need to either be sitting down in a swivel chair or at least hanging on to something. You will be falling down, spinning around grabbing stuff in the air and screaming like a little girl. FPV with the VR thing would be an option for sure if the apps supported it.
I probably would get sick! Haha.
I let a nice couple try out the Cinemizers. They were parked at the lake where I was flying, and were curious about the "view". I let the lady watch first as the Phantom took off, she thought she was going to pee her pants. The boyfriend tried next so I yawed the bird a couple of 360s which he thought would made him puke. Such fun we have!
I might just have to get a set of the Sonys for next time!

I have flown couple of times with fatshark and they are pretty nice. Only problem with goggles versus screen is that you can't see anything what is going around you and that's making me feeling weird. Another problem is landing. I like ipad air 2 so much better.

at the moment I've only got the V1.1.1. but getting the 3A in a few months time, on my V1.1.1 I use fat shark goggles (absolutely love them) at least the picture is always nice and clear with them with no sunshine on the screen as you get on a tablet. one thing though I always have a spotter with me, the wife !!!. at the end of the flight I fly as close to me as possible then just slip them up and land visually no problem,
with the headplay I'm not sure how they work if you have to press an icon on the tablet, for instance if you want poi and have to set it by pressing the poi icon, or can you do it from the controller?

I probably would get sick! Haha.
I let a nice couple try out the Cinemizers. They were parked at the lake where I was flying, and were curious about the "view". I let the lady watch first as the Phantom took off, she thought she was going to pee her pants. The boyfriend tried next so I yawed the bird a couple of 360s which he thought would made him puke. Such fun we have!
I might just have to get a set of the Sonys for next time!

When I first looked at getting the T3Ws I went to Sony and you can't get them, no longer available. I would be willing to bet a 1080P version will be available soon. When I fly, my wife or Dad are holding the T3Ws, holding them on their head of course. Lol

Ok these are only $45 and would eliminate the sun on the ipad issue. You just slip your Iphone/Android device inside. Problem solved!

http://www.amazon.com/Incredisonic-...TF8&qid=1443184299&sr=8-1&keywords=VR+glasses

Incredisonic-VUE-Series-VR-Glasses-Virtual-Reality-Headset-Bluetooth-Remote-Gaming-Controller-0-2.jpg
Have you tried these with phantom 3? I did and they didn't work. These are VR Goggles. VR Goggles are made to view two separate images, one with each eye to render 3D viewing. Phantom doesn't provide 3D viewing with split images. You would need ANOTHER app to split the image, one for each eye, and I'm unaware of a proven "split screen" app solution that works with Phantom 3.

Last edited:
So whats the solution for spliting?
I haven't found a solution for these cheapo goggles. I bought the headplay hd goggles that uses one image, and they look great, but I can't focus on the display with my glasses,i have to pull the goggles away about 6" to gain focus. I'm still trying to resolve the up close focus issue, but I think there's a solution to that.

I haven't found a solution for these cheapo goggles. I bought the headplay hd goggles that uses one image, and they look great, but I can't focus on the display with my glasses,i have to pull the goggles away about 6" to gain focus. I'm still trying to resolve the up close focus issue, but I think there's a solution to that.
Have you tried using the Headplay's with the P3 and HDMI outdoors yet? Can you post a photo of what your live feed looks like in the HP's when outdoors looking at trees, bushes? This is what my HDMI out looks like outside. Indoors the picture is much sharper. FPV via HDMI is not really usable other than to lineup a shot.

I do't like the idea of using a headset. I'm constantly looking between my ipad and line-of-sight and I don't see how that would be easily done with a headset. Plus I like knowing my surroundings so that no one sneaks up on me and I feel like if I had those on I'd lose that sense of security.

I do't like the idea of using a headset. I'm constantly looking between my ipad and line-of-sight and I don't see how that would be easily done with a headset. Plus I like knowing my surroundings so that no one sneaks up on me and I feel like if I had those on I'd lose that sense of security.

I usually feel just like that. But when the bird is so far away away and my target I am going to look at is why I am flying the goggles go on. Once that happens I typically rely on verbal exchanges with my wife or person I have along with me. Stay out of the road and away from cliffs for sure. Headline: "Man falls from cliff, delirious from flying DRONE!"

With the HMZ-T3Ws I can leave off the bottom sunshied and have a limited LOS if I tip my head way back or simply prop the goggles high on my head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers