A question for those who already have more than 1 Phantom

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I don't want to make a mistake in setting up my 2nd Phantom. Am I supposed to just use the same GO app that's already installed in my tablet? How about setting up the name of this 2nd Phantom?

Would appreciate very much any inputs regarding this matter. Thank you very much in advance.

Yes -- you can fly multiple aircraft with the same DJI GO installation. Setup your new Phantom like you setup your first Phantom.

Reactions: Kima kim
I've got a P3S and a P4 and the DJI GO App on an iPad Mini 4 air with cellular keeps their data separate. Same behavior on an iPhone 5S, but it's too small of a display, so I only use the iPad to fly both.

Give each bird it's own name when you set up the wifi for it. They also show up differently in Healthy Drones, so you can track their flight stats separately.

Reactions: Kima kim
Yes -- you can fly multiple aircraft with the same DJI GO installation. Setup your new Phantom like you setup your first Phantom.

I've learned from past experiences that it's best to ask from more knowledgeable persons first rather than be an eager beaver then regretting in the end.

Thank you very much again msinger, thank you.

And, that's why this forum exists ;)

I've got a P3S and a P4 and the DJI GO App on an iPad Mini 4 air with cellular keeps their data separate. Same behavior on an iPhone 5S, but it's too small of a display, so I only use the iPad to fly both.

Give each bird it's own name when you set up the wifi for it. They also show up differently in Healthy Drones, so you can track their flight stats separately.

Thank you Van for dropping off a reply.
Hope that the time will come when I can also share with other hobbyists things that I've learned from my own experiences and from what has been shared with me in the forums.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Van
Setup your new Phantom like you setup your first Phantom.

It was actually a much younger friend who set up my first Phantom...I was just there watching and trying to grasp whatever it was that I could understand while he was doing it.

I have told him that I was planning to get another Phantom and was hoping that he could again set it up for me. He told me why not try setting it up myself this time. That I'm still deliberating on, hehe. I'm not sure what can happen if I go wrong along the way. Am afraid it might be irreversible once I make a mistake. From downloading and installing the GO app, then the AC Firmware to Battery, RC, IMU calibration, Gimbal, etc.

That's why I'm really grateful to members of forums who willingly give advices to make the "learning curve" of our hobby much simpler...and to learn from others' experiences too (both the good and bad). :)

Thank you too to Phantompilots.com!

@msinger @Van

Install of AC and RC Firmwares success...although I had to do the RC Firmware install via Go app (didn't upgrade to GO ver.3...still using ver.2.8.3).
Calibrated Gimbal, RC, etc. Will just do the Compass Calibration later before test flight.

Thanks again! (also to YouTube) :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20