A new firmware update (V1.1.9) is now available for Phantom 3

Reaction score
A new firmware update (V1.1.9) is now available for Phantom 3. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download to download and update your Phantom 3.

Overview:

1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.1.9

Major Updates:

1. Fixed issue of some aircraft unable to determine their altitudes.

2. Fixed issue of the DJI Pilot app unable to obtain and display battery error history.

3. Fixed issue of the compass calibration progress not being displayed properly.

Notice:

1. Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install.

2. Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

When will you allow phantom 3 advanced to get YouTube live streaming and SDK ability. This is all well and nice but you need to provide what you said phantom 3 would have across all levels

I updated a P3P and P3A with no problems. Again it goes for about 15 minutes. A stair step tone is emitted as it completes each section update. Eventually the gimbal goes limp as that appears to be the final firmware update in the package. Both were a success. I hope they fix the optical sensor, sonic sensor issues that seem to be part of some crash reports.

Reactions: JdotB
I have successfully updated my Phantom and Transmitter without issues in the past.

The new update was successfully updated on the Phantom, however the transmitter appears to not accept the USB containing the .bin file this time. The LED remains red and no Blue LED with bleeps will activate?

Has anyone else's transmitter not accepted or acknowledged their USB drives?

DJI stated update is not needed for the controller. Maybe that's why? Just a guess.

Ah, I was too hasty to update and misread that the instructions on their site but followed the instructions on the PDF file that came with the update.

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Cool, as mentioned, I should have read the first post here and on their site before panicking. The update instructions that came with the new file is obviously generic and still gives the instructions to update the TX as well.

How long does the update ? Mine does first the D-D-D-D sound and now after 43 minutes it sound as one tone constant ? I don't know if this is well.

During my update to the drone the LEDs shut off and turned back on after a short time. The drone made some noises as well outside of the "D-D-D-D". Anyone else have something similar happen?

The behaviour during update is different to previous two updates.
You get some tones similar to the start up tones but rather muted perhaps. With mine this happened three times.
There was a period of maybe five minutes when the LEDs went out and gimbal hangs down - but it continued the four 'updating' beeps.
Then LEDs came back to life and tones changed to the three beeps.
It took a little over ten minutes.

After it had cooled I did the IMU and it seemed to take much longer than previously.
The progress bar stayed on 0% but after a reasonable period it said it had completed.
It was somewhat concerning the progress bar did not indicate activity like it did on previous calibrations.
Not flown yet but might just do that again before using it.

Reactions: Horton
Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

What if you did NOT already update the TX to v1.1.8, and am getting: "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft." when attempting to update the TX with 1.1.9? (and just get the red led scenario)

Aircraft 'Overall Status' = firmware is latest (Normal).. so is there anything I'm missing for the TX then?

As long as app is showing firmware up to date, nothing to worry about.

As long as app is showing firmware up to date, nothing to worry about.

Hmm. I appreciate you telling me it's 'ok' but I'm still not feelin' too warm and fuzzy about this.

Especially since my sequence of events were:

1. received new P3/TX
2. upgraded P3 to 1.1.9 (no problems)
3. attempted to upgrade TX to 1.1.9 (only the 'red' LED failure, never the good 'blue')

If 1.1.9 has no changes for TX, that's fine.. but I have no idea what the TX version is from #1, and if #3 did nothing because nothing was needed...
are you saying step #2 some how automagically brought the TX current from whatever unknown version it was shipped with??

Shouldn't the installed version be articulated in the app?? ( Aircraft Version: 1.1.x Controller Version: 1.1.x as is standard practice for all other software out there)

As per release notes, .19 doesn't require tx update if prior fw was up to date.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic