A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

There are a LOT of people with lag issues with the 1.1.9 firmware and especially with the DJI Pilot app on Android. They are hoping this firmware resolves that issue.
Never noticed any lag with any FW on my nexus 7 2013. Don't think lag is firmware related.

I should not need to say this.....but don't forget to recalibrate your R/C and Compass again.

Always remember that everything needs recalibrated unless the instructions say not to.

I should not need to say this.....but don't forget to recalibrate your R/C and Compass again.

Always remember that everything needs recalibrated unless the instructions say not to.

I recalibrated my IMU's and and did an auto update on the Gimbal. I don't do the compass until I fly and I don't do the RC. That's just me..

I have had no luck updating to the latest firmware ? Any suggestions ? I have re-formatted card, and tried 3 times, I get a "solid" weird sound from the P3 about 10 seconds after turning it on.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.02.0007.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

Mine updated perfectly. Controller only took about 2 minutes. Quad took about 20 minutes. Both .txt files were successful.

I have had no luck updating to the latest firmware ? Any suggestions ? I have re-formatted card, and tried 3 times, I get a "solid" weird sound from the P3 about 10 seconds after turning it on.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.02.0007.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.
Only have the bin file on your SD card. Delete all other files.

Has anyone used the gimbal with the USB cable to install firmware into the controller? I can't find my usb stick, but I have it on a micro usb via a USB card adapter... Alnost done with phantom and need to know asap! Thanks!

Can you use a microSD card adapter that is the larger card "housing" type for plugging into your computer? Or, do you have to use the USB cable version for the firmware file?
Anyone? Please? Limited timeframe here before I have to take her to fly... Please! Thanks in advance sorry for the annoying repost.

Just did mine 22 minutes
For the bird= success
3 minutes for the TX=success
No issues, so far

-Next calibrate tx
-Let the bird cool down than do IMU calibration
-head out to an open field and do the compass cal
-than finally gimbal cal

Has anyone used the gimbal with the USB cable to install firmware into the controller? I can't find my usb stick, but I have it on a micro usb via a USB card adapter... Alnost done with phantom and need to know asap! Thanks!
Will someone please please help me? I have success with phantom update, then read text file. Deleted. Put micro usb back in phantom. Plugged into controller. Controller plugged into phantom. Phantom On. COntroller On. Update on controller will not start?

Will someone please please help me? I have success with phantom update, then read text file. Deleted. Put micro usb back in phantom. Plugged into controller. Controller plugged into phantom. Phantom On. COntroller On. Update on controller will not start?
Delete everything off the card and reinstall update to the card then try again.

Ahhh I will PAYPAL someone 5 dollars if they just help me wit my simple question. Jeez. Been asking all day...

Read the DJi instructions that come with the firmware download. It explains how to do what you want to do. The P3 has to be on in order for the controller to read the SD card with the firmware on it.

In the instructions for firmware update it states that "the flight battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process." I have multiple batteries. Will all batteries need to be inserted and firmware process completed with each battery in, or will each flight battery be updated as used if the bin file is on the root of the SD card?

Just completed the updates no problems at all. Calibrated IMU, calibrated gimbal ... took it outside and took it up to 100 feet and back down. It's safe and sound back in it's backpack.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl