A new firmware update is now available for Phantom 3

I'd defiantly take it off! The camera does a bunch of flipping and bouncing around.
Yup I did the upgrade with the uavbits guard on without a problem.

Reactions: AmosMoses
IF the DJI process failed and you have tried again but it wont do it, try this, we worked through this with people on RCG when the last fw was released and it worked in almost all cases

There seems to be a few people having problems upgrading to the latest firmware, Me and several other have been working through it and seem to have come up with a process that work's.

If you have not tried to update your firmware please follow DJI procedure first, that works fine in almost all cases.
If then that fails try the below.

Please try the following as we have worked through this all ready with a few people that could not update and had success. Please don't skip as step

1: Turn off the P3 and remove the battery for 20 minutes. makes sure its charged over 50% at this point.

2: Format the SD card again. Use the one it was supplied with

3:.Download the correct file again from DJI website,

4:.Place the correct .bin file from the new downloaded file on the SD card,

5:Turn on your controller.

6: Connect tablet and open the DJI Pilot app to camera.

7: Insert battery and turn on P3 with out SD card in and see if it connects to controller

8: if it connects then shut the P3 off, if it don't connect leave a few minutes then turn P3 off, don't worry if it does not connect to the app.

9: Close the DJI App but leave the controller turned on,

10: Insert SD card into P3 and turn on and allow software update.

11: Check update text file after its changed to finished tones.

12: Then please post the hidden log file located under the MISC\LOG\ folder on the SD card, you will need to enable I view hidden files and folders on your computer to see it

IF this don't work perform again but this time at step 9 turn the controller off.

If this don't work then it likely got to go back to DJI

This worked for me. Thank you alot!
Here is my hidden log file...

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 501
Can you use a microSD card adapter that is the larger card "housing" type for plugging into your computer? Or, do you have to use the USB cable version for the firmware file?

P3P and controller updated without issue. P3P took 20 minutes, Controller took less than 1 minute. Both txt files reported successes. Link remained solid. Both batteries inserted with .bin file in place but no documentation of any upgraded battery firmware reported.
Height Limit Reset
VPS Reset to ON
RTH Height Reset to default
Can't find Low Battery Fail Safe Mode (RTH or "Land here") The normal Control Signal Loss Fail safe is there just can't find the Low Battery fail safe.
It took me 17 min. in my aircarft apparently.

Can anyone confirm if this update fixes the lag problems?
Sadly, no. For me there is little bit less lag but i reinstall my tablet to factory settings before test so cannot say how much more than the lag problem is still in the bird.

I love firmware update day!!! Makes me feel like all my family is together for the holidays AND they're all drunk and fighting.

Great stuff! I love you guys and gals...... Lmao!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yep...first thing is to make sure you turn off following thread..
I think one thing a new firmware update tells you is how many are out of work, how many don't have 5 year olds in the house.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I updated my Phantom 3 Advanced and it seems to be flying fine. I did several low altitude maneuvers and also took it up to about 400 ft (I was in a very open park with no one around). I did an IMU, Compass and gimbal calibration. I didn't notice a huge (if really any) difference with the video quality in 1080/24.

Updated P3P with no problems. Tx took a minute or so, and the P3 about 25 mins. Getting dark here so wont get chance until tomorrow evening to fly.

Updated my P3P and controller without a hitch, just had my first full loss of signal and return to home despite not flying any further than normal. Hoping it was just a one off.

On the plus side the return to home worked a treat, the thing came screaming back and I was able to cancel the process and regain control.

Hi All,
I don't have a P3, just a P2V+. I don't understand the haste to install an upgrade that doesn't really do any thing.
Some have said that they wanted to fly but couldn't because they had to do the upgrade?
Why not do the day's work and then mess with the fw?

There are a LOT of people with lag issues with the 1.1.9 firmware and especially with the DJI Pilot app on Android. They are hoping this firmware resolves that issue.

Reactions: oli_tf
When DJI talk about bugs i wonder if its them that us users have had or the ones DJI know about thats fixed
anybody found any improvements yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31