A new error message for the New Year

Reaction score
Last week, I got a "Low battery temperature, warm or replace the battery" error. I was outside, in about 0C weather with the dog running around splashing slush on everything. I wiped off the slush (just a small piece above the battery compartment), put the battery in my pocket, ran another battery and then put the 'cold' battery back in the Phantom and flew around without problems.

This morning, checking some other issues, I attempted to start the P3 again. In house. About 18C. Same error. Battery and P3 kept in a Thnk Tank case in the room.
IMG_1330.JPG

I'm pretty sure it was the same battery. Repeated the drill, changed battery, started it up, warmed errant battery by putting it in my vest, replaced the battery and - no error message.

Battery otherwise checks out. Has about 8 cycles on it.

Ideas?

Are you on the latest firmware? And if so, did you get this prior to the latest firmware?
Maybe this part of the new firmware for improved battery monitoring in cold temps?

Yes, 1.6. And I am assuming that it is part of the cold weather optimization package. However, I didn't think my house was that cold. I've flown in much colder weather (even with 1.6) and, in fact, did a cold IMU calibration at about 10C.

I will keep track of it, but I think it happened on the same battery. That is obviously of interest.

Again, it would be nice if DJI could actually document what they were doing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj