New P4A battery won’t charge

Reaction score
I just unboxed my new P4A to put the batteries on the charger. I noticed when I checked both the Tx and aircraft battery they were both low. The Tx would not indicate when I momentarily pressed the power button to check, but it did take a full charge after several hours.
The aircraft battery cycling unusually when I plug it in to charge. The power button LED will light, and LED 1 will flash 17 times in about 7 seconds and then all lights go off for about 7 seconds. Then the cycle repeats. I have left it plugged in for over 30 minutes with no change. I have also tried turning on the battery and the plugging in to the charger but it won‘t turn on. All cells do show good when I hold the power button down for 5 seconds.
I am assuming that this bird sat for a while before finally being sold because of how low both batteries were.

Is there any way to get the aircraft battery up and running or is the voltage too low for recovery? I have looked around and haven’t found this exact issue yet so I’m hoping someone might have an idea.

You do know to push once, release, then push and hold the battery power button till it turns on, correct?

You do know to push once, release, then push and hold the battery power button till it turns on, correct?

Yes. It won’t come on. When I try to power on the LEDs will light sequentially from 1-4, then LED 1 flashes once briefly and the rest go out. Nothing after that. It won’t stay on.

Return the battery..once these P4 batteries go flat there is no comming back to life.

I just unboxed my new P4A to put the batteries on the charger. I noticed when I checked both the Tx and aircraft battery they were both low. The Tx would not indicate when I momentarily pressed the power button to check, but it did take a full charge after several hours.
The aircraft battery cycling unusually when I plug it in to charge. The power button LED will light, and LED 1 will flash 17 times in about 7 seconds and then all lights go off for about 7 seconds. Then the cycle repeats. I have left it plugged in for over 30 minutes with no change. I have also tried turning on the battery and the plugging in to the charger but it won‘t turn on. All cells do show good when I hold the power button down for 5 seconds.
I am assuming that this bird sat for a while before finally being sold because of how low both batteries were.

Is there any way to get the aircraft battery up and running or is the voltage too low for recovery? I have looked around and haven’t found this exact issue yet so I’m hoping someone might have an idea.
The battery in my new P4A was like yours. It's defective. You said it's new, so it should be covered by warranty.

The battery in my new P4A was like yours. It's defective. You said it's new, so it should be covered by warranty.

I talked with DJI CS on chat this morning. Super easy. Printed a shipping label and dropped it off already with UPS.
It’s just a real bummer that it came this way new. Gonna have to wait to fly. I hope the rest of it is in better shape than the battery.

I talked with DJI CS on chat this morning. Super easy. Printed a shipping label and dropped it off already with UPS.
It’s just a real bummer that it came this way new. Gonna have to wait to fly. I hope the rest of it is in better shape than the battery.
You're going to want a second (or more) battery anyway. The turnaround time for a replacement could be a week or more -- mine was like 3 weeks. I got a second one at a local Best Buy, and was flying that day. Good thing about that is if it's defective, you replace it right away.

Good luck.

You're going to want a second (or more) battery anyway. The turnaround time for a replacement could be a week or more -- mine was like 3 weeks. I got a second one at a local Best Buy, and was flying that day. Good thing about that is if it's defective, you replace it right away.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll take a look there and hopefully get in the air a little faster.

I thought I would update here...

I sent the battery to DJI on a Monday (Feb. 25) and it arrived on Friday afternoon (March 1). The following Tuesday (March 5) I received an email from them stating that the battery had been had been inspected and it was determined it had been over discharged and would not be covered under warranty. I replied with a copy of my receipt showing it was a new purchase. I also used the online chat feature to upload my receipt and case number to the chat rep. The chat rep made sure the receipt was attached to my case number, and assured me it would be re-evaluated. I had a response to my initial email in about an hour, and 54 minutes after that I received another email stating they would warranty the battery. Yesterday (March 6) I received another email with a tracking number for my replacement battery.
All in all I think thats a pretty good response from DJI. UPS tracking shows it will be here Monday (March 11). That's 14 days since I shipped it out. Not too bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31