Into the ocean...again!

Gosh @K Henry should add one of these to the fleet,mind find cheaper one around,at least this baby is waterproof ,only good for 1km,that's the drawback or I would have one,I fly lot around and over water
must say I still worry a bit when over water,just have to trust you equipment and drone,if it goes in,oh well , could happen anytime anywhere,being water or land ,brand new or old, if I did lose one to the ocean the next would get filled with polystyrene inside shell so it floats,
Stick with your Phantom.
That Splashdrone is the equivalent of an overweight P3 standard.
Small sensor camera, 1 kg heavier and published flight time of 16 mins.
The white bird will fly further, longer and take much better photos.
Mine has flown 1500 miles over water and never misses a beat.

Stick with your Phantom.
That Splashdrone is the equivalent of an overweight P3 standard.
Small sensor camera, 1 kg heavier and published flight time of 16 mins.
The white bird will fly further, longer and take much better photos.
Mine has flown 1500 miles over water and never misses a beat.
Agree was just a thought,published time of 16mins so that must mean 12 mins flight,also top $$$ for the short range,only really good for dropping bait,if that,I would expect inverted flight for that price,not sure what purpose that for anyway but does look good,still trust me old p4,

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
DJI_0054-b.jpg
Awesome shots. To add to this, pointing out that real estate photographers will often be obligated to fly over water to get the money shots. This shot was necessary to show where the home is situated relative to the nearby beach.

Last edited:
I took my phantom UP 200 feet and took several pictures of my Grandsons home and moved around and did the area and then raised the camera and did some shots out in the distance and still kept his home in the picture....I down loaded the pictures off the sd card and printed the pictures and gave them to him and his wife...They was were amazed to see them and loved the aerial pictures and i sure could SEE quite well the excitement that the guys that work and do what i did for a living could sure benefit the showing of a home and possible sales from the aerial pictures.....they are better then looking at a prospective home straight on..and at ground level on each corner...hey you can show a roof too to check the roofs quality's ! No i never charged for the pictures like the real guys do they were all Free !

Hi, here is my story...Mt first P4Pro went down in the deep blue (pilot error). So I got another one from the repair shop in CA, after they refused my claim. Great, but following some thing I saw, said to push the battery in from the top front. So I did try the 'new' way. Second flight made it to the shoreline when the battery fell out and into the salt water again. This time it was right at the shoreline, about 5 inches deep. So I rinsed it out with fresh water, blow dried with a compressor, put it in a bag of rice, in the oven at low speed. Blew it out again to get the rice out. Then it sat there for weeks, as I was disgusted. Today I tried it out. The props were frozen but freed them up with a few spins. THE THING FLEW! The camera records! But the camera moves all around with no stability at all. But it flies! Question...what if I hot glued the camera in place (like a cheap drone) and flew it. What could happen? Marriage is at stake here! Sending it in to the shop will be another $850, no doubt. Any one with experience on this issue? I need some confidence, please!

The battery "clicks" in from the bottom AND the top. If you simply push the battery in willy nilly, the top latch will lock, but the bottom latch will not. The was literally the first thing I covered with my business partner before our first flight. We always make sure we hear TWO clicks for every battery. Do this, and you'll never lose a battery ever again.

Those are some extremely nice photographs, well done.

Bud

There's a lot more to look at from the sea than just water.
I fly at sea because of the photographic opportunities. Here are just a few examples to start you off:
628-730a-XL.jpg

DJI_0948a-XL.jpg

DJI_0306-364b-XL.jpg

DJI_0164aa-XL.jpg

693-73a-XL.jpg

DJI_0412-18Ca-XL.jpg

DJI_0928-43a-XL.jpg

DJI_0862a-XL.jpg

Now what was it you were saying?

There's a lot more to look at from the sea than just water.
I fly at sea because of the photographic opportunities. Here are just a few examples to start you off:
628-730a-XL.jpg

DJI_0948a-XL.jpg

DJI_0306-364b-XL.jpg

DJI_0164aa-XL.jpg

693-73a-XL.jpg

DJI_0412-18Ca-XL.jpg

DJI_0928-43a-XL.jpg

DJI_0862a-XL.jpg

Now what was it you were saying?
Meta4: You need to get to California ready for the next west coast SpaceX launch (on 6th October?) when they’ll be attempting to catch one of the fairings using Mr Steven’s much bigger net. Excellent stills and video opportunity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost