A little light shining down on my world.

Reaction score
The rainbow was much brighter earlier while there was still a hard rain. I don't care for rain drops on my lens. I was having a hard time getting the rainbow and the sun lit ground composition. It looks higher than 400ft. but it's not. it's 395 ft. lol.
DJI_0553.jpgr.jpg

You have to be happy with that shot WVR. Came out really well.

Very nice photo! Rainbows are quite difficult to capture with photographic equipment to match what we see with our eyes. They always seem faded and washed out by comparison.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Very nice photo! Rainbows are quite difficult to capture with photographic equipment to match what we see with our eyes. They always seem faded and washed out by comparison.
You hit the nail on the head. If I could have taken a picture when it was a full brilliant rainbow, I would of had a really great picture. It was raining hard then. That is what prompted me to get my drone. I was actually disappointed when I got flying. Where did it go? Lol.

Next time take several photos bracketing 2/3rds of a stop at a time, both over and under exposed, out to 2 or 3 stops. Then do HDR blending of the photos in post to bring detail into both highlights and shadows. You can bump the saturation a touch to help make the rainbow pop.

Kind of an Ansel Adams thing where you spend as much or more time in post (darkroom) to get the photo just right.

That is a very picturesque composition.

No reason to be disappointed with that photo, it's gorgeous.
I'm happy with the picture or I wouldn't have posted it. You know people always wants to do better. I appreciate the suggestions. In the hurry of things, I wish I had bracketed the shot. I was bracketing, then my p4 wasn't stabilizing well, so I took it off. It's time for a new drone. Lol. I love you all help and appreciate all your suggestions. I really do. Lol.

I'm happy with the picture or I wouldn't have posted it. You know people always wants to do better. I appreciate the suggestions. In the hurry of things, I wish I had bracketed the shot. I was bracketing, then my p4 wasn't stabilizing well, so I took it off. It's time for a new drone. Lol. I love you all help and appreciate all your suggestions. I really do. Lol.
Yes it is a great photo! I am always disappointed in the lack of dynamic range a single photo captures of a rainbow scene. If you adjust to get a denser rainbow the rest of the photo is usually darker than you would like. I still grab a shot of one when I see it, and still hope to capture one someday that looks as good in the photo as it did visually.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers