A few questions on purchasing the new version 3.00

msinger said:
The "new version 3" is the latest version with the thrust boosted props, news ESCs and motors, new remote with gimbal wheel, etc. I see some people are calling it "version 2" though. For example:

http://www.dronecamps.com/#!dji-phantom-2-vision/c13qs
Thanks msinger. I knew about these upgrades, but I never heard them called V3. (In fact I was thinking about ordering the upgrade kit today - I am already using the new props.)

My two cents.. Or should that be two pence because I'm British? :D

1) Are fly aways still an issue?
They're not an issue with the older models. The problem is, many people wrongly post online that their Phantoms had a 'Fly-Away' when in fact it was pilot error.
2) I read there are lots of issues with their batteries. Is this the case?
No. There was an issue with some batteries where they started to die pretty rapidly. But I'd say well over 90% of people haven't been affected by this
3) I am looking to purchase from BHphoto with a spare battery. Is this the best place to purchase or Amazon maybe?
Amazon is known to be good due to their return policy. I bought from the best UK dealer I could find (Of which there weren't many). It's worth paying more from a reliable retailer, then save and buy from some shady dealer.
So far I don't see the version 3.00 that includes a carrying case.
Includes a case? I'm not sure about deals. I had to buy mine separately. Was very expensive at £130 (Something like $160). But it's essential. I would assume the V3 fits well into most of the cases already out there.
4)is the gimble really that fragile?
It's not THAT fragile. It wont break from you touching it or using some force to put the gimbal lock on. It shouldn't break from the odd hard landing either. But yes, it's likely to break from a crash. So try not to crash it, lol.

PsychopathRC said:
Amazon is known to be good due to their return policy. I bought from the best UK dealer I could find (Of which there weren't many). It's worth paying more from a reliable retailer, then save and buy from some shady dealer.

Amazon has a good consumer-oriented return policy, but when you buy a Phantom from them you have to make sure that the order is being fulfilled by Amazon. In many cases, specialty items are fulfilled by some other third party, in which case you're at their mercy for customer service and returns, not Amazon's.

B&H Photo is a DJI dealer, and they are known to have EXCELLENT customer service.

Not to get a slight angle off topic, but I concur, B&H is the bees knees when it comes to customer service!

See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31096

I'll report on my experience with the V3 tomorrow, should I be blessed with time to fly! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers