A few questions on purchasing the new version 3.00

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the Phantom 2 Vision plus ver 3.00. I have a few concerns:

1) Are fly aways still an issue?
2) I read there are lots of issues with their batteries. Is this the case?
3) I am looking to purchase from BHphoto with a spare battery. Is this the best place to purchase or Amazon maybe?
So far I don't see the version 3.00 that includes a carrying case.
4)is the gimble really that fragile?

I own a Blade QX 350 (no camera) and DX8i radio and have flown it quiet a bit without issue. Will I find the Phantom a better unit?
Thanks

Ad1. I would think not, as the v3 has the foil mod and ferrit cores.
Ad 2. Has as such no relation with the v3 specifically.
Ad 3. Cann't give you advise on that as I am an european anh have no experience with either of them.
Ad x I would think the phantom is more realiable and sophisticated when flying and hase definiately more funtionality (like groundstation anf stuff) than the QX 350.
Hopely this info is helpfull to you.
Regards FA

aartsf said:
Ad 3. Cann't give you advise on that as I am an european anh have no experience with either of them.
Ad x I would think the phantom is more realiable and sophisticated when flying and hase definiately more funtionality (like groundstation anf stuff) than the QX 350.
Regards FA
I think your wrong about the flyaway issue. No one said that the two i foil mod or ferrite cores solved the flyaway issue.
I really don't think anyone reall knows what causes them.. Most are probably pilot error.

Mori55 said:
aartsf said:
Regards FA
I think your wrong about the flyaway issue. No one said that the two i foil mod or ferrite cores solved the flyaway issue.
I really don't think anyone reall knows what causes them.. Most are probably pilot error.
I agree that many incidences that are 'incorrected blamed as fly aways' actually are pilot errors. That does not contradict the statement that most "true fly aways" with pre-v3 birds can probably be prefented with the foil mode etc. See also the threat on this subject that has be labelled as being 'solved'.

Poor piloting is still an issue.
The new battery management system may improve battery issues.
Plenty of third party cases are available. The same case will fit P2, P2V, P2+ and V3
The gimbal survives some crashes but not all. Avoiding crashing is important and not impossible.
The Phantom is a major step up from what you are used to.

Thanks all. I just ordered the v3 that comes with the extra battery, I also added the go carrying case. $1589 delivered. I realized there are lot of other accessories but any musts to start out with?

Thanks

Make sure you read the manual over,and over until you know what you are doing,better yet download it, and I hope you ordered your phantom from BH photo.

Will do. I did get it from BH.

Thanks.
TomWolves said:
Make sure you read the manual over,and over until you know what you are doing,better yet download it, and I hope you ordered your phantom from BH photo.

I just ordered a Plus (sold my P2V). I was and still am very excited about receiving it tomorrow, but was softly bummed when I learned that mine isn't a V3 ;-(

I ordered it new on Cyber Monday for a little over a thousand bucks with 4 sets of rotors (2 stock DJI rotors/2 CF), prop guards (which I won't use) and two batteries. Still a good deal in my opinion, but after learning about V3 with upgraded motors and controller and then realizing that mine ISN'T a V3, I became a little disappointed.

I had to really stretch to justify spending the grand for this right now, but I still feel like I'm getting a good deal. I didn't get a second battery with my P2V so I'm excited about having 3 now (2 with Plus and my extra I bought after my P2V).

I may sell my controller and upgrade to the lipo controller. I can't justify sending it back and spending hundreds more for the V3 right now.

Yea im going to sell my qx 350, dx8i radio and a nice electric guitar I don't play to help justify this one. I sure hope they are as fun as people say.

Best deal is hobbywow spare battery and case good deal check them out v3.00 I got mine few days ago
And they are all right read the instructions over and over before you do anything and if you can't find answer in the book come here these guys will get it all good for you here

I understand the need to stay within a budget, but the V3 is a big deal over the original P2V+. I think you may regret your decision.

How is the battery life on v3? Is it less than for previous version, because of stronger motors?

Meta4 said:

Plenty of third party cases are available. The same case will fit P2, P2V, P2+ and V3

Not strictly true. I have a P2V for whom I purchased a hard carry case, but the V+ is slightly taller so it won't fit in. Well it will, but the lid won't close :D :D :D :D :D

RedRyderMedia said:
I understand the need to stay within a budget, but the V3 is a big deal over the original P2V+. I think you may regret your decision.

I'm inclined to agree. New motors/props, longer flight times. New transmitter w/lipo and gimbal wheel instead of lever, not to mention other reported improvements like better shielding for the GPS with RF chokes applied, prsumably decreasing the risk of flyaways due to GPS loss.

If I get an upgraded Lipo V3 controller, can I use it with my V2 Plus and still be able to use the camera wheel on the top left?

happydays said:
Meta4 said:

Not strictly true. I have a P2V for whom I purchased a hard carry case, but the V+ is slightly taller so it won't fit in. Well it will, but the lid won't close :D :D :D :D :D
I'm using the Go Professional Case and everything fits well (and the lid closes :D).

I haven't heard of a "new version 3" and B&H doesn't list it in their online catalog (B&H website search). What are you speaking of when you talk about the version 3?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic