9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, Black with Yellow Stripes)

What adapter did you need to make? Picture?

I bought an accessory $15 balance shaft for my Dubro balancer that fits Phantom props. My first set off props were not very bad, only slightly out of balance. All 4 needed slight adjustments, only two needed the hub adjusted with fingernail polish added. When all done I couldn't feel any improvement in vibration by touch when hand retrieving. That's not a scientific way too measure before and after, granted. However the changes in balance were so small that I really didn't expect much.

DJI Balancing Prop Rod Phantom 2, Phantom 3, RC Killer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0110FQ0L6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_6kZ4vb4KHDCPG

Here is the adapter I use. It will fit right on the end of the stock Dubro shaft. I 3d printed it using the thingiverse file. Here is the link to the file.
DJI Phantom 2 Prop balancing adapter for Dubro by Jjisnow
I printed it in PET so the size was right on.
End_cap_adapter_for_Phantom_20_x_8mm_preview_featured.jpg

That's pretty cool. Did you have to clean up the threads with a die? Of are the 3D printers that accurate today. Which printer do you have? I've been considering a Stepcraft 2.

I'm curious how a prop can be made to run quieter. Yuneec said they designed their Q500 prop specifically to be quiet, and it is. It's about half as loud as my P3P. Maybe the larger blades helps, but it's incredible how quiet my Q500 is. If someone could design a quieter prop for the Phantom I think they would sell a lot of them. I think it's possible to create a quieter prop, and the potential market is big enough to warrant the effort. I'd pay double for a quieter prop like the Q500, if it's possible.

I'm not too familiar with the q500, but if the props are bigger, they will generally be quieter. I use 11x4.7 slow-fly props on my old f450 and they are much quieter than the Phantom. Unfortunately, 9" props are as big as will fit the Phantom frame.

That's pretty cool. Did you have to clean up the threads with a die? Of are the 3D printers that accurate today. Which printer do you have? I've been considering a Stepcraft 2.
No clean up needed. I printed it at .2 resolution so it was close enough. I have 6 XYZ Da Vinci printers. I have modified all of them. I use different firmware and replaced the stock print head with a Pico brand one. They are a lower cost printer, but work great for what I need. I can print just about any filament material now. It's been fun to design and then print out your own design right away.

I've looked, but everything I find is the same as the DJI price with DJI shipping already built in. eBay is a BIG place. Can you post a link.

DJI Phantom 3 9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Props Propellers w/ White Stripes

I bought them from this guy. They are out of California. Shipped right away. Same price as DJI, but the shipping is 4 dollars. And if you buy two sets you get a discount on shipping for the second set. It was somewhere around 35 bucks with shipping. DJI would charge over 50 dollars and take 2 weeks to arrive. I got them shipped to the east coast in less than a week.

Reactions: FunN4lo
Hello, I was wondering what are the differences between the 9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, Black with Yellow Stripes) and the propellers that come stock with the phantom 3, (besides color). Also, does it come with a full set of propellers (the picture only shows 2) Thank you.
Nothing significant different for flight time. It sounds similar too.

What i can say is it looks cooler!

Nothing significant different for flight time. It sounds similar too.

What i can say is it looks cooler!

Is this the consensus then? That for the DJI 9450 CF reinforced props:
1) No battery life extension
2) 1 gram lighter than the P3 stock 9450 props
3) No more quiet than the the stock props
4) A few claim it's more stable in higher winds and some state it causes the P3 to vibrate more than with stock.

I have been on the fence about this "upgrade" for a while but no one has written in detail about them.

No better battery life. Might not be quieter, but a lower pitch sound so they seem quieter. The only reason they would cause more vibrations is if they weren't balanced, and there are plenty of people here that swear they will never balance a prop.

Reactions: turkminator
Just got my new props in. Installed without any balancing and they worked flawlessly. I need to get a balancer. I'm sure they might need a little tweaking to make them even better. What I did find with these was that they were a little quieter than standard blades and they allow me to fly faster up wind. Normally when the wind is blowing as it was today, I'd get somewhere between 16-18 mph. Today I got 23mph upwind and downwind I hit 43mph. They are very stable and very happy with my purchase. Also they shipped very quickly. I just ordered them a couple weeks ago and they arrived this morning. On their website it looked like it would be August before I'd see them. Great surprise.
Would you share a link to where you purchased?

What adapter did you need to make? Picture?

I bought an accessory $15 balance shaft for my Dubro balancer that fits Phantom props. My first set off props were not very bad, only slightly out of balance. All 4 needed slight adjustments, only two needed the hub adjusted with fingernail polish added. When all done I couldn't feel any improvement in vibration by touch when hand retrieving. That's not a scientific way too measure before and after, granted. However the changes in balance were so small that I really didn't expect much.

DJI Balancing Prop Rod Phantom 2, Phantom 3, RC Killer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0110FQ0L6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_6kZ4vb4KHDCPG

John, may I ask whether the 9450 CF reinforced props were on the whole better balanced than the stock props from a tolerance point of view? I am sure you must have also tested your old stock props on the old' DuBro. DJI implies in the marketing materials that the CF reinforced ones are precisely manufactured etc.... not sure if there is a real world difference.

Thanks for your time.

Do you know if they have the yellow stripe on the underside of the props and if so can you see a yellow ring when it fly's with them?

Do you know if they have the yellow stripe on the underside of the props and if so can you see a yellow ring when it fly's with them?

As I recall, only on the top. But yes, you do see a faint yellow circle when they're at speed. Looks pretty cool, and a bit better of a warning exactly where the props are versus the stock ones.

I used them on my P2V+, Black and Yellow, no scientific testing, but I loved them. As far as the yellow ring.... YES, it made hand catching a lot easier. Although I know longer "hand-catch", landing is just to much fun....

Have a set, just on the top. You can not see it while flying.

Last edited:
I got two packs of these a few days ago - one pack did not need balancing, the other pack both were well out - you need to check them just like the normal ones - despite some claims they are pre-balanced and more precisely made.

Differences are subtle, the sound in flight is changed - but not convinced it's quieter. On a still day I could hear it a mile away. When close at hand you probably get a slighty quicker and more precise (even jerky) response to small stick movements.
This seems logical as in your hand the main difference is they are stiffer.

I mainly got them because the originals are almost embarrassingly grubby after six months.
The P3 body also has a more matt finish than P1 and P2 and it shows every mark.
I've given up trying to keep it clean and consider it 'character'

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik