88 great flights with the V+

Reaction score
ok, so I have had my Vision+ for over 2 months now and so far not one problem, she has been perfect in every way.

Lately I have been doing many autonomous flights and having a ball with it, downloading the video and watching the flight, I have not had a crash or seen any problems with it (touch wood) but i do take alot of precautions and have learnt alot from my FC40 days, these are the things I do.

Always wait for both flashing greens.
Always take off with 100% battery.
Always land with around 50% battery.
Always fly in clear, sunny, weather with no / very low wind.
Always fly at heights around 300 feet.
Always take off gently and like a plane, not straight up
Always land like a plane and never straight down
Never floor the quadcopter and fly at gentle speeds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: cjmwales
I agree. Constantly pushing any machinery to its limit will increase the likelihood of earlier failures. All one has to do is look at race cars as an example.

Battery is key. Keep watch on them. I had one at 45 flight that would drop from 60% right down to 8% with no warning. My quad would the automatically self land where ever it was. Happened three time till I figured which battery it was and I got smarter than the smart battery. Everything on the battery looked good even in,the assistant and holding down the power button to test the cells. Just decided it would drop. So would the plane...

Yes I agree watch you batteries I had 2 that started failing at 60% and the quad would start landing now I keep a close watch and throw them out when they start to do strange things

ok, so I have had my Vision+ for over 2 months now and so far not one problem, she has been perfect in every way.

Lately I have been doing many autonomous flights and having a ball with it, downloading the video and watching the flight, I have not had a crash or seen any problems with it (touch wood) but i do take alot of precautions and have learnt alot from my FC40 days, these are the things I do.

Always wait for both flashing greens.
Always take off with 100% battery.
Always land with around 50% battery.
Always fly in clear, sunny, weather with no / very low wind.
Always fly at heights around 300 feet.
Always take off gently and like a plane, not straight up
Always land like a plane and never straight down
Never floor the quadcopter and fly at gentle speeds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sorry but IMHO only "Always wait for both flashing greens." makes sense: if you are too cautious, then flying is far less attractive.

Battery is key. Keep watch on them. I had one at 45 flight that would drop from 60% right down to 8% with no warning. My quad would the automatically self land where ever it was. Happened three time till I figured which battery it was and I got smarter than the smart battery. Everything on the battery looked good even in,the assistant and holding down the power button to test the cells. Just decided it would drop. So would the plane...

that is pretty scary stuff. just imagine i am in my autonomous flight far from home and this happens.

Yes but when it auto lands the power is still on and the "find my Phantom" works real well. Walked once right up to it, anther time I drove. It was several blocks away, but both times it was trying to return home on low battery. But when the battery get way low it auto lands.

Yes but when it auto lands the power is still on and the "find my Phantom" works real well. Walked once right up to it, anther time I drove. It was several blocks away, but both times it was trying to return home on low battery. But when the battery get way low it auto lands.
The problem is for those like me that fly over sea water...

Yep I have that issue to. I live in Virginai around the Chesapeake Bay and we have lots of water and rivers. I have a river less than two blocks from my house. I try to fly on the edge so I can have some safety that is a dry area.

Rule #2 know your battery (or batteries).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic