7 green flashes - twice while booting. Why?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I see 7 green quick flashes when booting up. So, initially there is the self-check sequence, then it starts looking for satellites with three, then two, then one red light, and finally, only green. During this procedure, at two steps it gives off seven quick green flashes. I've read those are "save course lock" (after 30 seconds of powering up) and "save home lock" when more than 6 GPS satelites are found. Is it so? Want to be super sure.

IceFireFly. I had the same thing today. I am a newbie and wondered as you. Perhaps we both will get some enlightenment from the community here..

IceFireSoul said:

Your GREENS are ok, just home direction saved and the 20 GREENS at end are normal. Just waitn GREEN. Or GREEN-GREEN before flight by using GPS options ;)

As per the manual, if you get 6 rapid GREEN then it means the bias sensor is too big! You will need the IMU calibration. Only 20 GREEN will confirm heading direction or home position locked. So in your case, you may want to test if the CL and HL work properly, otherwise manually set both of them either on the ground or even in flight.

However, if you later get single blinking Green in GPS mode or Yellow in ATTI mode and you can start the motors, then you are fine.

Hmm, true. Well, I don't remember if I got 6 or 20. Not that it's the same, but, well, I didn't know I need to distinguish them. Is there also a time when either happens? I feel like the 6 for BIAS TOO BIG would come right after sensors check; when the other ones come 30 secs after power up (direction save) and when satellites are found (home location save). I started flying after the second blinking (thought home location was on). And then it just drifted.

IceFireSoul said:
Hmm, true. Well, I don't remember if I got 6 or 20. Not that it's the same, but, well, I didn't know I need to distinguish them. Is there also a time when either happens? I feel like the 6 for BIAS TOO BIG would come right after sensors check; when the other ones come 30 secs after power up (direction save) and when satellites are found (home location save). I started flying after the second blinking (thought home location was on). And then it just drifted.

I always thought that the 20 GREEN should come 30 seconds after the start but with earlier firmware, I never got that in the first month but it flied fine. After the update, I got the rapid GREEN after the 30 seconds but I wasn't sure either it's the CL or HL recorded, so I always perform the manual locks. The manual says,"Record forward direction or home point" so I assume that if I later got the single GREEN then it must be both CL and HL recorded. This is because the CL only requires the compass to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl