2nd time flying!

Reaction score
Took my quad out today as the sun was coming down. Not sure if anyone saw my last thread and video but I fixed the issue with my gimbal. Not sure if the software update did it, or just the fact that I remembered to trim my zip tie this time lol.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking for tips, tricks and critique. I'm still learning the axis and what's my front and rear at all times so bear with me, I know it seems like I'm just going up and down but..

Thanks for watching!

Reactions: kookydo and DCE
Congrats! I have only been flying for 2 weeks now, so I'm not in a position to give any advice... other than maybe watch out for cars and the power lines overhead! Looked kind of close there:) Nice video. Have fun!!

Thanks everyone. I hope to learn some flying and filming techniques over the next few flights. This Phantom/Hero4 combo is fun!

Can anyone tell me how to get more range out of my gimbal? In other words, I see some videos of people amd the gopro seems to be pointing straight down. I saw some radius settings in the rc software yesterday but didnt want to mess with it at the time. 30* seemed to be where mine was. What are your settings? Do you guys mess around with this stuff?

Can anyone tell me how to get more range out of my gimbal? In other words, I see some videos of people amd the gopro seems to be pointing straight down. I saw some radius settings in the rc software yesterday but didnt want to mess with it at the time. 30* seemed to be where mine was. What are your settings? Do you guys mess around with this stuff?

Which RC controller do you have? Check the tag on the backside it will be DJ6 older uint or NDJ6 the latest with a tilt wheel on the upper left corner.

Which RC controller do you have? Check the tag on the backside it will be DJ6 older uint or NDJ6 the latest with a tilt wheel on the upper left corner.

I have the tilt wheel on upper left. I'm going to make the nessecary adjustments soon to allow for it to be facing straight down.

I have the tilt wheel on upper left. I'm going to make the nessecary adjustments soon to allow for it to be facing straight down.

The only adjustment you need to do is to calibrate X1 in both the RC controller software and P2 software. If neither calibration work then go into the upgrades and check which firmware you have for the gimbal is should be 1.0.0.12.

Do the RC controller first and calibrate all the sticks, X1 and make sure it's in mode 2. Then with controller left turned on do the sticks and X1 in the P2 software and make sure the upgraded version box is checked

Doing this will allow you to control the tilt movement of your camera.without any further adjustments.

The only adjustment you need to do is to calibrate X1 in both the RC controller software and P2 software. If neither calibration work then go into the upgrades and check which firmware you have for the gimbal is should be 1.0.0.12.

Do the RC controller first and calibrate all the sticks, X1 and make sure it's in mode 2. Then with controller left turned on do the sticks and X1 in the P2 software and make sure the upgraded version box is checked

Doing this will allow you to control the tilt movement of your camera.without any further adjustments.

I did the basic calibration with both sticks yesterday. I didn't know what the X1 one was so I left that alone. My issue is my gimbal only goes like this < if that makes any sense

I did the basic calibration with both sticks yesterday. I didn't know what the X1 one was so I left that alone. My issue is my gimbal only goes like this < if that makes any sense

If the firmware for the gimbal is correct but you haven't calibrated X1 in both assistant softwares then no amount of adjustment is going help or correct the problem you are having.

In the RC software when mouse over an item it tells you what that control does on the left side of the software screen and it does the same thing in the P2 software.

If the firmware for the gimbal is correct but you haven't calibrated X1 in both assistant softwares then no amount of adjustment is going help or correct the problem you are having.

In the RC software when mouse over an item it tells you what that control does on the left side of the software screen and it does the same thing in the P2 software.

Thanks. I will do this when I get home this evening and report back..

Thanks. I will do this when I get home this evening and report back..

Once you have completed calibrating X1 in both the RC and P2 take a screenshot of the upgrades page and send that along with your response.

Nicely done for a second flight but I'd be careful about staying away from those overhead wires. No matter how in control you think you are there are a lot of factors that can influence a drones behaviour and you could easily strike those wires. It's also advisable to stay away from passing cars and if your stepped across the road you would have a safer take off and landing areas with none of the previously mentioned risks.

Nicely done for a second flight but I'd be careful about staying away from those overhead wires. No matter how in control you think you are there are a lot of factors that can influence a drones behaviour and you could easily strike those wires. It's also advisable to stay away from passing cars and if your stepped across the road you would have a safer take off and landing areas with none of the previously mentioned risks.
Thank you. That is where I took off from first flight. But this time it had 1' of snow present lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic