2nd flight of P4P unable to compass calibrate? No full size pano stitching?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just taken my P4P for it second flight, I went to the exact location of the 1st flight.
1. 1st thing I noticed was I could not initiate a compass calibration??? (1st flight it automatically prompted me) Or was I missing it in the menus? In the manual it said to press onto the flight status at the top of the app and only perform the calibration when asked. But from my experience it is best to do it every flight.

2. I tried pano mode for the second time (1st flight I didn't know how to stitch), I discovered thanks to the help from the this forum that I need to press on the photo after pressing the play button and it will stitch. However this only provided a 8mb shrunk down version of the panorama.

I am guessing DJI does not allow you to perform a full size stitch of the images, and that you need to manually do that yourself in Photoshop etc?

It also didn't copy the stitched file onto the microSD and was only available from the phone, again guessing DJI doesn't let you write the stitched file tot he card?

Any help would be great

1. 1st thing I noticed was I could not initiate a compass calibration??? (1st flight it automatically prompted me) Or was I missing it in the menus?
You could calibrate the compass if you go into the app settings ... but there should be no need to at all in normal circumstances.
If you thought it was asking you to on your first flight, the most likely explanation is that you placed the Phantom close to something steel.
In the manual it said to press onto the flight status at the top of the app and only perform the calibration when asked. But from my experience it is best to do it every flight.
It's only because of bad wording in older DJI manuals that people believed they needed to calibrate their compasses.
It's completely unnecessary, right out of the box, when you move 100 miles or 1000 miles, whatever.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4