2312 Motor issue - UPDATE FROM DJI!!!

Nathan Carter said:
GSSP said:
OK here is my V3, purchased November 24, 2014, 20+ cold weather flights, NO Version number, 2.1 ESCs,

How do you know it is v2.1 ESC when you don't have a version number printed on the label?

my error, it dont,,, **** it,,, you can see in my pic, V2 and no ID on label, wonder what the **** that means?

GSSP said:
Nathan Carter said:
GSSP said:
OK here is my V3, purchased November 24, 2014, 20+ cold weather flights, NO Version number, 2.1 ESCs,

How do you know it is v2.1 ESC when you don't have a version number printed on the label?

my error, it dont,,, **** it,,, you can see in my pic, V2 and no ID on label, wonder what the **** that means?

Exactly ... I said the same.... "WTF DJI"... :-/

I don't know but that "V2" mark (white text on the board itself) exists on all phantom 2 models... Maybe it even represents the second version Phantom (Phantom 2) vs. the original Phantom (Just Phantom)... But it was certainly not introduced in latest version of phantom 2 (v3) with new motors and ESCs.

Has anyone tried scanning the QR code on the label with some app, maybe it contains more info than just the serial/part number alredy visible on the label?

Nah... Just tried it myself with a photo that tritontr21 posted here

All it contains is:

(Decoded online using http://zxing.org)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 488
GSSP said:
Yeah. That's a key question. I note that my v3.0 (B&H mid-December) has no version numbers either. I did call DJI in Los Angeles. The guy I talked to in tech-support had no clue about any of this. He took a bunch of notes (he said) and said he was going to send it to "The guys downstairs". They'll email me, he said. We'll see.

the v2 aparantly means the hardware version... whilst the QR code is the firmware version (and yer yer i know 2.1 means 4.06... but not like any of the crap they do is logical)

Nathan Carter said:
I don't know but that "V2" mark (white text on the board itself) exists on all phantom 2 models... Maybe it even represents the second version Phantom (Phantom 2) vs. the original Phantom (Just Phantom)... But it was certainly not introduced in latest version of phantom 2 (v3) with new motors and ESCs.

tritontr21 said:
Deformed area. If you can't see it, you don't want too.

No it wouldn't tear the other apart until certain temp was gained and fused together. Things aren't always black or white or extreme. Sometimes things are gradual.

I have new V3 motors not yet installed and the wire insulation varies in its shape and thickness, they look like the wires in the post.

I contacted Heliguy (Uk Dealer) and was told that they have had no problems with the V3 and he knows of none that have been returned due to wire/ESC faults

Have they all closed ranks ?? Wish DJI would issue a statement!

New Phantom owner here. Just got my P2V+ on the 2nd January. After going through this post and others I opened up the Phantom (which by the way hasn't been flown yet due to the current windy conditions), lifted up the wires from the mosfets and tried to separate them as much as they allowed. Did I do the right thing or could this cause more harm than good?

Thanks for your opinions.

BTW v2.1 here.

Attachments

• IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    543.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    535.5 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_2058.JPG
    IMG_2058.JPG
    547.9 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2059.JPG
    IMG_2059.JPG
    539.1 KB · Views: 392
@ grongu

That looks nice.
I did the same yesterday as i have a second new version bird.

I also checked whats on them labels and i only see a number, no V2.1 or whatever thing printed on it.
Just a qr code and number as shown.

I'm going to prepare that new version bird to see if i get a longer range on wifi then i encoutered so far.
Some say its due to the software thats restricting the range for newbie's.
I have doubts about that kinda statement. We will see what develops after a wile.

GSSP said:
Nathan Carter said:
GSSP said:

158731075.NmzhHUFU.compatability1.jpeg

Nathan Carter said:
tritontr21 said:
It's not a "spot" I'm looking at. It's deformed. Not a spot.
So the spot is just dust. OK. A bit deformation like someone pinched the wire can be seen. Is it like that(is the wire really flat pinched at that spot) or is the insulation loose at that spot? so that when you touch it you can feel the wire inside moving in the insulation? Like it has delaminated from the wire itself. That would be a heat issue then for real. Try to really inspect it good and describe in as much detail!
If we are going to resolve this we need some really precise info.

However that "deformation" could be also from poor heat shrinking process during assembly, and not actually from overheating during use.I guess someone has to inspect their newly bought phantom before first flight and then after few flights to confirm an actual overheating deformation has happened.
Also if someone had a FLIR camera(like the FLIR ONE for iPhone) and could record a video from above while flying the phantom a few feet from the ground that would give some good clues as to what is going on.

I'm not sure if it is the heat you are interested in, or the visuals from a FLIR that represent heat indication? But if you ever want to see LIVE temp readings, you can use a Infrared Non-Contact Thermometer, and then hold the trigger down while pointing at the exact spot you want the reading from. It actually works rather nice for this and as I say it is a live reading. Maybe this will help?

So based off this image, I have a new V3 with ESC's that aren't compatible? I opened it up last night and my ESC's don't have a version number. Just a QR code and long set of numbers.

- Tweez

Tweezer said:

So based off this image, I have a new V3 with ESC's that aren't compatible? I opened it up last night and my ESC's don't have a version number. Just a QR code and long set of numbers.

- Tweez

That's the way I read it. I'm in the same boat.

I did the motor upgrade and my esc it says v2 but nothing else. Just a bunch of numbers on one end. So what do I do ? It has the one beep and everything else that says its a v2.
Bottom line is we need to know what software on the esc. So what's the procedure to knowing if you have the right esc software ???

MacCool said:
Tweezer said:

- Tweez

That's the way I read it. I'm in the same boat.

Same here...

They look like an instruction set for those who wish to upgrade motors and ESC...
I hope they weren't cost saving and putting in old ESC's because they had a bunch left over...
This is beyond the joke...

They need to do a recall otherwise it may be a massive PR issue if these crash and hurt someone..
**please don't take me seriously...** but you can simply crash it into an "unsuspecting person", call a lawyer, then prove it was a design flaw and you know the rest..

Pulled the heads off both of mine (P2V+v3.0) and both are 2.1, I see no burning, a couple of wires are sticky, but this appears to be heat shrink tubing over the wires and if it was going to burn it would be at the joints, so i don't see a wire issue. (automation electrician of 30+ years).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik