2 motors stop spinning 2 seconds after the other 2 on shtdwn

Reaction score
As per the topic... the 2 left front and rear motors stop spinning approx 2 seconds after the other 2 when you turn the motors off. All 4 turn off, so the 2 are not still idling, its just they stop spinning later than the other 2.... hmmm or is the problem 2 motors stop spinning before the other 2 lol :p

It is weird because I installed the upgraded 2312 motors and then uninstalled them and put the stock motors back in (due to the Quads dropping from sky issue lol). Before I took the motors out all 4 used to stop at the same time.. When I had the 2312 motors in they also stopped at the same time.. So the problem has only shown up when I installed the stock motors back in.

The Phantom seems to be running fine without issues, no noises coming from the motors or anything alarming. All 4 spin freely by hand and there does not appear to be any damage to the bearings or anything internal, well nothing I can tell. Lastly all 4 motors are the same temperature, not very hot at all.. the same as they have always been.

If it was a motor or ESC issue I would of thought it would only affect 1 motor, so seems strange its 2 motors.

I've done approx 130 flights (each battery being a flight) so I doubt they are getting tired/old... ?

Is this something to be concerned about ??

I wish I could just put the 2312s back in :/

Re: 2 motors stop spinning 2 seconds after the other 2 on sh

When you turn the motors off are you doing left stick down for 3 seconds, or doing the CSC comand,

Someone did mention that doing the CSC command does cause the motors to stop unevenly.

Nah left stick down.

Thanks for that bit of info though :)

Have you tried swapping the silver & black motors to the opposite sides (i.e. to the correct positions) but diagonal side. ?

I wonder if its a component tolerance issue on the ESC's and motors.

Just a thought.

Hmm No haven't tried swapping them.. might do that today.

What do you mean by component tolerance ?

Okay... I keep reading in different forums about the actual temperature of individual motors. Does this mean I need to finally buy a cheapo gauge that measures the temperature of whatever it's aimed at? Has it come to this? (sigh....) :roll: :roll: :roll:

-slinger

What you on about lol ?

I have one of those infa red temp gauges.. works pretty well :)
However i usually just use feel to measure... Can usually tell if one is significantly hotter than the rest..
I belelieve you want all 4 to be the same.... but anyways my infra red device only costs like $12 on ebay..

justin00 said:
Hmm No haven't tried swapping them.. might do that today.

What do you mean by component tolerance ?

When the electronics are made they are not all 100% the same.
The values change on manufacture by a fraction, this is normal.
Some will let more, some less current, timing etc etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl