1st Mile+ flight!

That's the same one I bought yesterday from the same seller lol. I was wondering if that worked with the dbs mod.
Yep
4.JPG

That's the same one I bought yesterday from the same seller lol. I was wondering if that worked with the dbs mod.

It fits great. Big upgrade over the original "clip".

I want to go with that one but I am afraid of the drilling :(

It's not a big deal. You take the 4 screws out of the back on the TX and split it apart. You just have to make sure you don't drill through the wires on the back. They are a set of wire glued on the back in the location you need to drill.

I want to go with that one but I am afraid of the drilling :(

For the first few days when I was testing, I didnt drill holes. I had 3 wires running out the top of the remote. So you dont have to drill, but it does look cleaner.

For the first few days when I was testing, I didnt drill holes. I had 3 wires running out the top of the remote. So you dont have to drill, but it does look cleaner.

I thought we were talking about the Inspire mount which does require to drill a hole...

I thought we were talking about the Inspire mount which does require to drill a hole...

oops mixed it up, I also didnt drill holes for a few weeks when i got my inspire mount. I just used the tablet holder on 2 gopro mounts.

Now i have both the DBS and inspire mount with drilled holes, but these are the before pictures on my inspire mount.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 282
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 370
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
Last edited:
oops mixed it up, I also didnt drill holes for a few weeks when i got my inspire mount. I just used the tablet holder on 2 gopro mounts.

Now i have both the DBS and inspire 1 with drilled holes, but these are the before pictures on my inspire mount.

I do like the inspire mount a lot.

I do like the inspire mount a lot.

yea i was scared to drill at first and the gopro mounts actually worked great.
Definitely much nicer when its drilled in though

It's not a big deal. You take the 4 screws out of the back on the TX and split it apart. You just have to make sure you don't drill through the wires on the back. They are a set of wire glued on the back in the location you need to drill.

Ill just have to take the plunge then.

Nice GA Drone.

Did you just re-glue the group of wires down next to the attachment point after you drilled for the mount?

Nice GA Drone.

Did you just re-glue the group of wires down next to the attachment point after you drilled for the mount?

I did. The wires are already tight. So you don't have a lot of play with them.

Is there anything holding the two pieces together? Or do the 4 screws completely separate it?

Is there anything holding the two pieces together? Or do the 4 screws completely separate it?

4 Screws on back of the TX. Then you have to unplug 3 wires to separate the front and the back of the TX.

Question about loss of signal. Is there a difference between loss of video and signal for control? On this flight I momentarily got a message at the end of the pier about loss of video and the feed dropped out.

Question about loss of signal. Is there a difference between loss of video and signal for control?]

The video works off 2.4GHZ and the "Control" works off 5.8GHZ. The antenna you see on the top of your TX is the 5.8GHZ. The (2) 2.4GHZ antennas are inside the TX at the top. You can't see them unless you opened it up. You will see stickers on the top saying "Antenna inside DO NOT COVER".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj