1st Mile+ flight!

Pretty calm weather, slight breeze. Nothing crazy going on. I flew it out over sun city in Arizona.

I finally got her over 1 mile. 5585 feet to be exact. Unfortunately my flight logs stopped recording lol just wanted to celebrate and say.....1 mile out is scary.
My personal record is also exactly 5585ft (1702m). Did you lose the signal or did you turn back yourself? I'm beginning to doubt there is a range difference between the CE and FCC spec P3S.

Here's a 5570ft flight I did a week ago

Reactions: jhubble and GregWV
My personal record is also exactly 5585ft (1702m). Did you lose the signal or did you turn back yourself? I'm beginning to doubt there is a range difference between the CE and FCC spec P3S.

I lost signal and it auto returned home. although I think it was due more to me being bad at pointing.

I lost signal and it auto returned home. although I think it was due more to me being bad at pointing.
That has a lot to it. I watch my signal bars the whole time I try and get as far as I can and adjust as necessary .
I really trust my RTH and don't really worry about when I do lose signal .
That has bite me in the butt before but I always have used trackers .;)

I do have a video! I'll put it up here soon. Haven't had time to edit it with all the holiday stuff going on.

Here is my video for the flight!

Fixed the horrible video. Looks much better now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: jhubble

what app are you using? Is that the goapp

Hello everyone. Just got a P3S about a week ago. This is my first time flying. Been flying for a few days now but I am not satisfied with the range at all. How can you go to that range of almost 6,000 FT? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Raul .
I would start by being sure you read all in here Community Guidelines | DJI Phantom Forum
and not just jump in someone else's thread and do a lot of reading here and you will see your answer .
Being totally new try watching some You Tubes on aiming your controller and maybe you will get the feel for it
You should start to walk before ya run :)

Reactions: Raul Medina
Welcome to the forum Raul .
I would start by being sure you read all in here Community Guidelines | DJI Phantom Forum
and not just jump in someone else's thread and do a lot of reading here and you will see your answer .
Being totally new try watching some You Tubes on aiming your controller and maybe you will get the feel for it
You should start to walk before ya run :)

I apologize if I offended anybody or broke any rules. I'll make sure to read all of the community guidelines. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here's my first mile+ video. It was about a mile and a half before I turned it around. Could have easily cleared 2 or more.

This is awesome. I'm located in Savannah, GA and the weather hasn't been very clear lately. Looking forward to capture some clear footage.

I apologize if I offended anybody or broke any rules. I'll make sure to read all of the community guidelines. Thanks for the advice.

You didn't offend anyone Raul I was just trying to show you the way :)
Am glad you have joined ;)

I finally got her over 1 mile. 5585 feet to be exact. Unfortunately my flight logs stopped recording lol just wanted to celebrate and say.....1 mile out is scary.
How did you get it to go that far? I got a P3S for Christmas as well. I can't get mine to go over 70 feet. Am I in a different mode?

How did you get it to go that far? I got a P3S for Christmas as well. I can't get mine to go over 70 feet. Am I in a different mode?

You are most likely flying in beginner mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl