10% battery warning

Reaction score
I have two P3Ps with a total of about 155 flights since July. The second one is new, it has the new motors, 1.6 firmware, has about 10 flights on it.

Today for the first time I got this warning that said something like "Battery Warning, 10% left", however my Go app showed 55% left on the battery @ 3.91V. I quickly came in an landed with 51% left at 3.81V, no problem landing. Now I'm trying to figure out what went wrong. This warning shouldn't have happened IMHO, but with all the issues with 1.5 firmware, I'm a bit concerned.

My other "old motor" drone also has 1.6 firmware, it hasn't skipped a beat and I've never seen this warning, ever. I've had 1.6 on it since Dec 20th. I flew it twice today also, same location.

This problem flight lasted about 11.5 min. I started with a 100% full charge. Here's my Healthy Drone link for this flight below. I couldn't see anything wrong, no indications of a "notification" or "warning" anywhere.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MjQzNA

The warning was a white dialog box that appeared in the middle of my video feed. It had a cancel button, which I pushed after I landed. The battery was one of my older batteries with 24 charges, but the condition is excellent, no big variations in voltages from cell to cell, pretty healthy battery.

Has anyone else experienced this particular type of 10% warning?

Got your TXT log?

Hey MSinger, after reviewing your report I noticed it shows an anomaly of 3.61V at 11:25 on one of the cells. Take a look at it. This is about 20 seconds before I landed. I was very close by when I got the warning, maybe 100' away. So 20 seconds before landing seems close to when the warning occurred. The strange thing is I absolutely know my Go App said 3.88 volts when this occurred, and when I landed I had 3.81 volts while motors were idling on the ground. So it appears the flight log doesn't agree with the Go App readings I had. This is EXACTLY what the DJI guy at CES told me the problem was with 1.5 firmware. He said the motherboard firmware reads the voltages incorrectly, lower than what the GoApp shows, and he said the Go App readings are pretty accurate to battery reality, based on their investigation.

On my next flights I'm going to be noting voltage readings mid-flight and at the end. Then I'll compare that to the log. I'm thinking this problem still isn't fixed.

Hey John,
Is there a chance that this battery is still running 1.5fw or something ?? Somehow missed the 1.6 upgrade on the battery itself ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good question, but no. All my batteries have been upgraded to 1.6. The battery that acted strange on Saturday is one of my older batteries, the battery from yesterday's flight is my newest battery. This was done on purpose to compare voltages and battery bar percent. It shouldn't matter how old the battery is, I would expect the voltage versus percent to be closer between batteries than what I'm seeing. I find this a bit strange that things aren't more consistent. Check these comparisons:
upload_2016-2-23_23-1-35.png

With my Yuneec Q500+ quad the battery logistics were very simple. When the total voltage got down to 10.7V (I think that was the number for my 3S batteries), the alarm would sound and the RC would vibrate. It was very consistent, easy to understand. On every flight, when the battery hits 10.7V I need to land.

It would seem a DJI smart battery could do better, however it seems to be much more complex.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31