“Update” P4P to V2 via software?

Rep

Reaction score
I’m new to the P4P world, and purchased a low-use pre-owned unit with lots of extras. I know very little about these awesome drones, but am becoming familiar slowly. Can’t wait to get to a level of confidence where I can let the grandkids assume the controls and know enough to jump in when necessary.

Looking at what seem to be minimal differences between my model and the V2, I wonder whether there’s a way to turn it into the V2, or is that just wishful thinking? Thanks for offering replies.

There is no way to update to a V2. One of the main differences of the V2 is the addition of a switch in the battery compartment that tells the aircraft the battery is fully inserted. This fixed an issue with batteries coming loose in the V1. The FW for each version is different and not interchangable.

Reactions: gppms and Rep
Thank you. Based upon viewing this forum and the multiple instances of dislodged battery incidents, I now double check the battery is locked before flying.

There is no way to update to a V2. One of the main differences of the V2 is the addition of a switch in the battery compartment that tells the aircraft the battery is fully inserted. This fixed an issue with batteries coming loose in the V1. The FW for each version is different and not interchangable.

Reactions: 3rdof5

The other difference is the hardware , the p4p v2 has the latest dji’s transmission system named ocusync and also new speed controllers.

Reactions: jephoto and Rep
Looking at what seem to be minimal differences between my model and the V2, I wonder whether there’s a way to turn it into the V2, or is that just wishful thinking? Thanks for offering replies.
Even if you could, you wouldn't notice any difference.
The mid-model update to the P4 pro was like a car manufacturer changing the grille and tail lights - it made no real difference.

Reactions: Rep
Thank you. Based upon viewing this forum and the multiple instances of dislodged battery incidents, I now double check the battery is locked before flying.

The V2 has a very sophisticated camera module that makes focus adjustments. There is no software in the regular P4P FW to accommodate the V2 version. Photo attached of the cam module internals.

Attachments

• P1010192.JPG
    P1010192.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 211
Reactions: Thanohano44

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member