Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal Issue

Reaction score
So after practicing flying the phantom 2 which was pretty easy since I have been flying other drones for awhile I decided to instal the Zenmuse Gimbal along with my go-pro. However once I installed the item it is making shaky moves from left to right as if it is trying to focus or make adjustment. I thought the gimbal was supposed to make smooth moves to keep the focus steady from the gimbal. I am not sure what is the issue since this is my first time. Can you someone help please or that can shed a light what I need to do - thanks! :)

Can you post a link to a YouTube video so we can see what you mean?

In general, the gimbal will remove instability and will smooth out yaw, but if you make sudden turns, then you can get a "grab" as the gimbal catches up.

Since installing gimbal have you connected to asst software? You might want to try that check for software updates and recal everything.

Similar to the problem I had. I saw several fixes, none of which worked for me.

There's the "add very small washers to the base of the gimbal attachment plate to keep the shaft from hitting the battery."
There's the "shave some off the battery." Oof.
There's the "adjust the tiny, hidden screw to eliminate the grating sound and solve the shakiness problem."
There's the "tape a penny to it" or "put some extra tape on it to balance it."

I had to buy a new one - but I didn't try the "adjust the tiny screw" fix because I could never really see a good layout of how they did it.

Hit the "My Gimbal Is A Jerk" thread and you'll see a few things. Also a thread called "Disgusted with HD-3D" or something like that in the HD-3D forum.

well this sucks.. it is brand new and it is already screwed up =( I will check that out before buying a new gimbal

It looks like the Gimbal is catching on something on the Y - Yaw axis and is failing to find its reference point.

My guess would be it is catching on the bodywork somewhere. Make sure it spins freely and that the cable from the interference board is not touching the gimbal anywhere.

These things are fiddly at best, but the less you can do the better, as very few turn up needing more than bolting on, as they are well balanced and set up as a rule.

If you cannot find a sticking point, send it back and get your supplier to replace it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl