zenmuse gimbal options ????

Reaction score
so i got a phantom 1.1.1 for xmas and now I'm ready to upgrade to a gimbal. trouble is the zenmuse which seems to be the best have stopped supplying the h3 - 2d no stock in the uk .
from my understanding the h3-3d is great but not compatable ? has anyone fitted the h3-3d to a phantom 1.1.1 ?

Yep, I think the H3-2D is effectively discontinued (no idea if it is officially, but stock seems to be running dry everywhere).

People have jerry-rigged the H3-3D to other quads using an H3-2D GCU and custom mounting plates, so there's no reason it physically wouldn't work, but you're correct in that there is no standalone version of the H3-3D out just yet. I'd expect it to be coming soon though, like within the month. It would need to have a GCU and some kind of mounting plate or a modification to the isolation plates. If you really want a 3-axis, it's probably a good idea to hang tight for a few weeks. That's what I'm doing.

Well, I feel your pain. I have been searching, in vain, for a Zenmuse H3-2D for two months now. Oh sure some people have them on eBay, but I'm not paying those inflated prices.

After a lot of investigation, I'm going to take a chance on the Walkera G2-D that I got for $120.00US. I have seen a lot of good reviews so far. And for that price I can afford to take a gamble. It should be here this weekend, so I am hoping to get into the air soon!

Eric

thanks guys think I'm going to sit tight for now !! but let me know how it goes eric that may be an option ??

OK, after mounting the Walkera gimbal, I am very pleased. Instalation went smooth with only a minor hiccup. On eht Phantom V1 you can mount the gimbal with the normal two holes. But with the Walkera design, it tends to hand out too far. So I mounted it back one hole. No big deal, and still hold well.

Works great! Great price! Way better than the Beholder Lite version I had.

Eric

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20